Chat window gone

DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
edited April 2021 in Bugs
I wanted to try the one allowed ui I did like it but other issues came up so I went back to the original ui.

Now the chat window is gone I spent the past few hours deleting everything uo related on my pc. And did a reinstall of the ec a few times still did not fix the issue am a missing something?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Danpal said:
    I wanted to try the one allowed ui I did like it but other issues came up so I went back to the original ui.
    Are you talking about Pinco's UI and are you thinking that that is the only allowed custom UI allowed for the EC?  
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Was pincos there where a few things I did not like on it.  I ended up deleting all uo files and needed a system restore to get the window back 
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Just in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread with this issue. Pinco's UI changes a lot when you install it. You unfortunately can't toggle between Pinco's and Default UI's easily. Here is how to go back to the Default UI after having used Pinco's:
    1. Go into your User Data folder (default location is in 'Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data')
    2. Delete the folders for EA_ContextMenu and UO_ChatWindow
    3. Run the UO Patcher and perform a full file check
    4. On the login screen, make sure the UI is set to "Default"
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information.