Casting Mystic summons is not blocked preemptively by follower count

looploop Posts: 302
edited April 2021 in Bugs
1. Cast Rising Colossus or Animated Weapon when your follower count can't support it
2. Observe casting continues
3. Target any location
4. Observe follower count warning

This is inconsistent with all mage summon spells, which perform the follower count check prior to initiating casting so you don't waste your time.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    I actually like this and consider it a feature of Mysticism. It allows you to pre-cast RC and drop it again instantly, without having to wait for another spellcasting like you do with Magery.
    -Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    I would love to be able to precast EV and wait for one of the current ones to die before unleashing the new EV.
    "spellweaving followers works the same way as mysticism, so they should probably change magery to be in line with all other schools"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    “On second review, it would be better for both spellweaving and mysticism to perform the timer check prior to casting, for both summon fey/fiend and summon reaper and moreover for the spell ATTUNEMENT, as the bushido spell evasion performs a timer check prior to cast. As does war cry and ethereal burst and other masteries”
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Hope nothing will be altered. I will hate to cast RC (quite slow spell) when mob is charging against me. 
    So I agree with @Arroth_Thaiel ;   . It is not a bug, it is a feature. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,043
    Having it precast has a disadvantage, you cant cast something else without that canceling. Would be nice for EVs to precast.  At 100 skill they fail quite often so that would help mages less than 120 have 2 EVs out.  Also many mobs dispel them so at 100 skill you sometimes have 0 out since you have to wait to cast.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    "Summon fey/fiend currently does not pre-emptively check follower count, with these spells there is no reason to precast as there is no cursor target.
    expected result: for summon fiend/fey to premptively check follower count before attempting to cast"