Warning: Lumberjack's Satchel Maximum Weight Bug

SethSeth Posts: 2,904
edited April 2021 in Bugs
I cannot find any post on this but there appears to be 2 versions with different capacity, 400 and 1000.

There was once I called a GM and he helped to replace a 400 with a 1000. But now I found a few with 400 cap again and trying to call the GM but he has not replied for hours.

I assumed the 400 version is a bugged satchel. The miner's satchel also has 1000 cap.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    The problem when buying these satchel is that you cannot tell if it is bugged or not.

Inside vendors' backpack, both will not show any cap info except displaying 0 stones. So you have no way to tell if the one on sale is bugged or not.

Inside house container,
    - the 1000 cap version will show as 0/1000,
    - the 400 cap version will show as 0 stone.

This weight max is important as the 400 cap version is quite useless.

Inside house container, the 400 cap version is showing as 0 stones.

Inside vendor backpack, cannot see if its 400 or 1000 cap for either version.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Thanks for the heads up, goes to check mine.
    You're welcome!
  • MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Seth said:
    I assumed the 400 version is a bugged satchel. The miner's satchel also has 1000 cap.

Do you still have any of these 400 stone bugged versions?  I found 5 total satchels and all 5 satchels were of the 1000 stone variety.
    Misk said:
    Seth said:

Do you still have any of these 400 stone bugged versions?  I found 5 total satchels and all 5 satchels were of the 1000 stone variety.
    Hi Misk!
    They have been rectified by GM Theron, so I don't have them anymore. Pls check with him, thanks!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Misk said:
    Seth said:

It's not just the Lumberjack's Satchel.
    It is also with the Miner's Satchel.

I lock down our guild holiday boxes,
    so I can tell at a glance what we have given out.
    And these have been locked down since Dec 2018.

All my other ones are 1000
    but I can't be sure when I got them from the Rangers Guild.

I took them out of the box just now.
    they are located on Sonoma if you would like to see them.
  • HomerHomer Posts: 32
    Misk said:
    Seth said:

I also have both satchels that are bugged at 400 max weight on Chesapeake, that I just got not to long ago
    edited May 2021
    @Mesanna @Misk @Kyronix

Are these going to be fixed, just  asked a GM  if he could replace mine and was told they not allowed to replace them or will i have keep more bugged items that are broken like like my pie/china safes in 2 houses.

I'm getting tired of asking to get them replaced, already done it 2x and now they are broken again with doors stuck open, i honestly think the doors being stuck open happens if the doors are left open and  sever goes down, upon reboot they they no longer close, because i play  late in the morning when i get home from work before the server goes down, which ever safe i forget the close the doors on before i log ends up in this broken state, if they cant be fixed properly can the the doors please be made togglable, they look horrible in some situations with the doors stuck open
  • MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    Once I had a broken satchel to examine, I was able to identify the problem and I have submitted a problem report into the system.

The culprit is specific code in the housing system related to locked down items.  The easiest work-around to avoid this with non-broken satchels or book straps is to Secure the containers instead of Locking Down the containers.

Homer said:
    broken like like my pie/china safes in 2 houses.
    Homer, while we were at your home to investigate the satchels we also fixed your Pie Safe and China Safe.  Thank you for your assistance in tracking down the problem.

edited May 2021
    @Misk

Thanks for fixing my safes in that house, but will GM's now replace the satchels, when i put them back in into my backpack they still only hold 400 stones, or  will they be fixed in a future patch?

Also if u have time can fix the broken pie safe located in the house at 100, 2N  24, 53W  in Luna, this is last one i have that's broken now,  or can you please pass this along to Mesanna if she is the one doing it, thanks again.