Classic client, no shadow for gargoyles when flying

"on classic client, anyone on a mount will cast a shadow, however flying gargoyles do not, it would be useful if the gargoyles would cast a shadow on the tile they are actually flying on, as some players (myself inc) find it difficult to realise what tile a flying garg is actually stood on"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I"m just curious why you would need to know what tile you're standing on ? Is it an RP event and you're a DIY Tile Guy ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Something as simple as joining a sw circle or using a house teleporter this is a "real" thing..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    You shouldnt be able to use either of those while flying, regardless if you can see your shadow or not.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    You shouldnt be able to use either of those while flying, regardless if you can see your shadow or not.
    I neither agree or disagree i do however think a gargoyle should be able to fly while piloting a gargoyle ship 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    McDougle said:
    I neither agree or disagree i do however think a gargoyle should be able to fly while piloting a gargoyle ship 
    Why when if I remember right I can not pilot a ship while mounted.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I have difficult time going in gates and stepping on my Tele tiles when flying.
    A reference would be nice.
    Do you dismount when using those? Or just have garga phobia?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I have a few gargies so no phobia...

I just changed my thunter tamer to garg thinking the flying speed would be awesome but it just made me realize how dumb my pet is as i am always having to go back and show it the way around a tree...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    McDougle said:
    I just changed my thunter tamer to garg thinking the flying speed would be awesome but it just made me realize how dumb my pet is as i am always having to go back and show it the way around a tree...

" you may find this bug report of interest, there is a command for that that is hidden in game from the pet context menu

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • You can turn the flying animation off in CC. 

Options > 'UO' Tab (Right side 2nd from bottom) > Uncheck 'Flying Animation' 

I found the same thing to be frustrating as well because I seldom was on the tile I thought I was, but killing the flying animation makes me now feel like an Olympic sprinter when I'm flying.  :)

• EC also allows you to turn off the flying animation and results in a speeding gargoyle on foot that doesn't miss gates, doors etc.
    There is only one little problem with this: in PvP it is hard to tell a dismounted gargoyle from a flying gargoyle - this goes for both yourself being a gargoyle and other gargoyles. The movement speed usually gives it away though, so not a big deal for people with decent situational awareness.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Sprinting Gargoyles, I did not know that, that is going to be hilarious :)