Lord Morphius Epaulettes - Cannot use Transmogify Potion

@Kyronix ; , The other post was instantly locked for no reason, maybe because the person asked a question, so I decide to open this one now, to have an Open discussion about.
You guys came up with 1 of the best in game store item for 2020, which is the  Transmogify Potion.
Where you can transfer the stats of ANY robe or epaulettes to another robe or tabard!!.
And now you guys came up with some really cool new epaulettes and you seems like that no one tested before the worldwide release and we cant use the potion that we bought into the new item?

I am just honestly asking this to be an open discussion , because we players appreciate the open channel of communication but the devs also should take this open channel and read what the paying customers are asking or suggesting into consideration. We are not asking for any special favor, We are just pointing up to you, that you guys made a potion to be used on any artifact (robe slot) and you guys need to decide if will work for all or not, because makes no sense to use the potion on 2,3,4 different epaulettes and not work for 2 other. 

Comments

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    It looks like the team is just flying by the seat of their pants.  Instead of fixing something,  they just throw out the old working as intended. Makes them look silly though. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    When yall learn what a discussion is, maybe threads wont be locked.

Would certainly be nice if the new epaulets would work with the new potion.  Ive never heard the epaulets look ugly before.  There are ugly robe slot items but not those.  Im keeping all my epaulets in that form. 

Name calling and useless observations are not discussions.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ValisValis Posts: 45

I mean, its clearly easy to tell which one looks better.

Point of the matter is if you're going to sell an item for actually cash, it needs to work for the item it is intended for. In this case, the potion needs to work with them as it does any other robe item.

Or if you -aren't- going to, you need to clearly list it as nonfunctioning.

Although and this question is for @Kyronix :

Why did you decide to limit this. What purpose does restricting this neat artifact from being switched to any other robe slot item do?

I prefer the epaulet.  You can dye it correct?  Does your drunken pirate need SSI?  He needs stable mobility instead. :)

But, it should be transmogable. So the customer can choose.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Pawain said:
     Ive never heard the epaulets look ugly before.  There are ugly robe slot items but not those. 

The epaulets are ugly. Shoulder pads on women's clothing was ugly in the 80's and they are ugly in game too. The potion should really work for them.
    Marge said:
    Pawain said:
     Ive never heard the epaulets look ugly before.  There are ugly robe slot items but not those. 

The epaulets are ugly. Shoulder pads on women's clothing was ugly in the 80's and they are ugly in game too. The potion should really work for them.
    They are Sexy!

• Most likely the issue of not being able to transmog them is the "shard bound" mod on them.  
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Sina said:
    @ Kyronix  , The other post was instantly locked for no reason, maybe because the person asked a question, so I decide to open this one now, to have an Open discussion about.
    You guys came up with 1 of the best in game store item for 2020, which is the  Transmogify Potion.
    Where you can transfer the stats of ANY robe or epaulettes to another robe or tabard!!.
    And now you guys came up with some really cool new epaulettes and you seems like that no one tested before the worldwide release and we cant use the potion that we bought into the new item?

I am just honestly asking this to be an open discussion , because we players appreciate the open channel of communication but the devs also should take this open channel and read what the paying customers are asking or suggesting into consideration. We are not asking for any special favor, We are just pointing up to you, that you guys made a potion to be used on any artifact (robe slot) and you guys need to decide if will work for all or not, because makes no sense to use the potion on 2,3,4 different epaulettes and not work for 2 other. 
    @Sina @Kyronix can't make an item to transmog all robe slot items if not all robe slot items can be transmogged. This sounds like it's a bug that they are saying is working properly instead of saying they messed up and it's a bug... Just like how they removed first aid belts and how they lowered items down to 10 points then next morning it's not back up. And they are favoring Atlantic over other shards. All or none come on. Just like this shard bound thing. All shard bound or no shard bound. Make em event drops shard bound please.
    I do love epaulettes though. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see doublet or sash or legwear. But if you make an item that is supposed to transmog all robe slot items then all robe slot items need to be able to transmog. I like wearing my epaulettes to show off rare cloth.
    It's all about customization of characters... This is a sandbox game right? Let us sandbox.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    Garetjax said:
    Most likely the issue of not being able to transmog them is the "shard bound" mod on them.  
    Bingo

seems they took the lazy option and just disabled the ability to transmog. It is a bit naughty considering it’s a store bought item.

I don’t normally get involved with cosmetic related bugs but this is not a satisfactory response. I sympathise with those who feel short changed.

Whoever originally designed the epaulettes must have done a real hatchet job. The VvV epaulettes can’t be repaired. Epaulettes also don’t appear on the character - only the paperdoll. Now this issue with new epaulettes. 

How can one item go so wrong? 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Pawain said:
    Marge said:
    Pawain said:

They are Sexy!

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    :D Maybe it's a "guy that was in his 20s in the shoulder pad 80s" thing but that is still just ugly.
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Marge said:
    Pawain said:

They are Sexy!

Something we can agree on
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    The Epaulets look fine, but the transmog potion should work on them too. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • I find it humorous that anyone bothers to ask the devs anything anymore. They clearly could care less what their paying player base has to say. They only care about you still paying for that subscription :)
    I believe they have read our posts for sure. It may be that the issue is working as intended, it has a lower priority or they are still figuring out the solution. I am quite sure its not pure ignorance.
    edited April 2021
    Sorry for bringing this up but I completely forgotten about this post that the Transmog potion does not work on the Morphius Epaulette. Apart from this forum feedback buried deep and found via google, I cannot find any reminder or explanation why Morphius Epaulette is special.

The reason provided by the system says:
    Event Moderator reward items may not be used with this tool.

The item was obtained from "Halloween – Treasures of The Undead Lords" event, not EM event.

There are so many rules with Transmog that maybe we need to dig up posts from all over the place to get an idea what works or not.

I hope the 700 Sovereign can be refunded (although I know its unlikely) as these are real money.

The reason why I am trying to transmog the Epaulette is because of a bug:

When the char wears a Sash, the Dragon Turtle Hide Bustier graphics "disappears" from the paperdoll but as you can see on the right side indicating it is worn.

Now I remove the sash and this is how it should look like:

Its better than the first picture above though I prefer the underwear to be covered as well.
    Anyway, that is why I bought the Transmog potion to convert this into a full robe.

Now I use the apron to cover up the bottom, and put back the epaulette.
    It still looks horrible.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited April 2021
    Probably an oversight from the devs, the code is complicated with alot of exceptions for this and that. 

But we don't need Pawain's opinions on if he prefers the epaulettes or this or that , we just want the potion to work on things it should be working.

edited April 2021
    Probably an oversight from the devs, the code is complicated with alot of exceptions for this and that. 

But we don't need Pawain's opinions on if he prefers the epaulettes or this or that , we just want the potion to work on things it should be working.

I hope this can work as intended instead of refunding, because the char looks really naked. I have to swap the armor to look appropriate but some are legendary pieces which makes it hard. And I try to wear pants - but it goes to the Leg Slot, instead of the Pants Slot in EC. *shakes head*
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Not to derail the thread but, i never noticed this until a few weeks ago, the Morphius Eppaulettes  make a sound when you double click them.

Do the other epps (the Fcr 1 ones) make a sound when double clicked as well?
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2021
    @Seth

NM. I read it again, you're trying to Transmorgify the Epaulette's into a robe to cover the character because the armor disappears when you put the sash on. 

The bugs are starting to stack up aren't they....
    -Arroth
    @ Seth

You are trying to Transmog a sash onto a robe? What type of sash?
    No, its to transmog the epaulette to a robe. The sash belongs to another slot. 

The sash worn is a Corgul, and it does not need to transform.

@CovenantX
    I didn't notice the sound but will check out later, I just logged out.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “These epaulettes  came in 2 versions, gargoyle or human. Being able to use a transmog potion with the human ones would dramatically devalue the gargish epaulettes, as people would transmog them into parrots or Tabards which would make them useable by either race, that is why you cannot use transmog potion on them”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Sorry but it is most likely they are shard bound and that made them not transmog. Or that there are two versions of them. 
    They immediately stated that it was intended that they do not transmogrify.

Had nothing to do with my preference.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited April 2021
    Well, regardless if it's intended or not, the whole "shard-bound' shouldn't be what makes that difference, because 'shard-bound' would be transferred to the destination item if it was transmogged anyway.

I mean, if you have a Shield-Transmog potion ( I don't atm, otherwise i'd test it), you could try transmogrifying a 'of ice' or 'of deceit' shield (as they were shard-bound as well) to see if it works.   there should only be two expected outcomes.

1) it works and the destination item then becomes 'shard-bound'
    2) it doesn't work.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    "I have already given a valid explanation as to why epaulettes cannot be transmogrified"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "I have already given a valid explanation as to why epaulettes cannot be transmogrified"

That does not look like a Gargoyle is equipping it.  So it wont change the race either?
    @Yoshi
    Sorry I am really too stupid to understand what you mean as to how the two versions have to do with the item not being able to transmog. 

As a player, all I see is an item says robe transmog potion, and it does not work as described. 

Does the Dev team sell an item in the store with such complex reasoning about why and how an item works? We are just players, not everyone is like you who aim to understand the higher end concerns about game economy to understand why it makes sense this item that says EM reward does not work but is in fact not an EM reward. I only see errors and product not working as described in layman terms. 

I do understand the part about both sources and destination need to be of similar type in some TC feedback but that was Pub 110.

Are you writing what you think is the reason, or is that the official reply from Dev team to you? 

Ps. Not angry with u and thanks for your response. But I do mean it for the team to keep things simple. ESP for a paid item. 
    edited April 2021
    "Pawain, sorry i don't understand your question,

Seth, I do think though that as you're paying for the item, it should actually describe/advertise the robe items that are excluded."