Black Gate Champ Spawn rewards?

Hello all!

I was able to participate in the first champ spawn completion on Great Lakes and got a drop called " A Mysterious Cube"  during the spawn and then also the guaranteed completion reward talisman.  According to the post ... "Participation rewards are unlimited."   I have done at least another 10 spawns and haven't seen any other drop since the first spawn (meaning the cube or any other thing that was meant to drop) ... 
I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this same thing or if it was meant to be to create rarity for the item?  However the cube itself is shard bound.

Also in the post it says ... "Final reward drops from the Black Gate Champ Spawn are limited to one per account."   However, I have seen it many times said in chat that this is not the case and it is one per shard, per account.  

Any help with these questions...

Thanks!

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Add any info for issues with the Mysterious Cube here please.  The drop rate is too low for a participation reward that we should get multiples of, the notes say.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7413/mysterious-cube-drop-rate#latest

Thanks
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • We've gathered data from players (didn't keep track of how many, sorry) across three shards.

Not a single person we've spoken to has gotten any cubes at all after getting the talisman.

Therefore a likely hypothesis is that they accidentally closed access to both rewards once you get the talisman (possibly either!).

This cannot possibly be intended, please fix it.  Those cubes seem really cool.

This post will be put in both seemingly-relevant threads.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited October 2020
    I can confirm that almost everyone who participated in the first ''server'' black gate spawn on catskills also got at least one cube each, then nothing after that. Which is a shame because if thats how it was designed, this was released if I remember right around 1 pm ET when we are all at work/school, great design ... unless they plann on making the cube drop elsewhere in future, but right now as it is they are like considered ''servers birth'' 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    one Talisman per shard, per paid account.

EJ accounts cannot receive the talisman.

I've not gotten any cubes on any shard so far as a reward from this spawn.

I noticed some shards spawn "Fire Elemental Renowned" and others have normal fire elementals during 3rd level,  the boss Batlin seems to have different abilities on depending on shard as well.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2020
    I can confirm that almost everyone who participated in the first ''server'' black gate spawn on catskills also got at least one cube each, then nothing after that. Which is a shame because if thats how it was designed, this was released if I remember right around 1 pm ET when we are all at work/school, great design ... unless they plann on making the cube drop elsewhere in future, but right now as it is they are like considered ''servers birth'' 

This is how it looks on Europa.

I was a bit upset in a way as well, because I was available to play, and just had no idea they had dropped this content in. The idea itself is very cool, but there was absolutely no notice. It's a brilliant Easter Egg in a way, but it even caught out highly active players.

edited October 2020
    Cookie said:

This is how it looks on Europa.

I was a bit upset in a way as well, because I was available to play, and just had no idea they had dropped this content in. The idea itself is very cool, but there was absolutely no notice. It's a brilliant Easter Egg in a way, but it even caught out highly active players.

The super secret info was in the newsletter:  https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-nls-newsletter-1 posted Sept 24.

Don't miss the secret other things.

Week of September 29 - The next exciting phase of the Black Gate is coming to all shards!  Sharpen your blades, ready your spells, and feed your pets as we prepare for this CHAMPION SPAWN!

October 1, 2020 - Halloween season is here!  Pumpkin patches, Butchers, Trick or Treating all go live!

October 5, 2020 - Dev M&G on Formosa @ 10 AM ET

October 5 - 9, 2020 - Treasures of Deceit goes live!  Venture deep inside the treacherous dungeon Deceit to slay creatures and collect artifacts for turn in to claim treasures!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    After one question and X posts, still no answer what is "participation reward"?  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited October 2020
    Seth said:
    After one question and X posts, still no answer what is "participation reward"?  :D
    There are only 2 things that drop....  The cube and the Talisman.  Since the Talisman comes from the Boss and you can't get it twice on same shard on same account.  I think its pretty easy to figure out which one of the two is the participation reward.  Since that's the only drops anyone has received.

The Black Gate Champ spawn is now live!  You can participate in The Black Gate Champ Spawn by visiting Fire Island and doing battle against the vile evil the Black Gate has unleashed upon Britannia!   Final reward drops from the Black Gate Champ Spawn are limited to one per account Participation rewards are unlimited.

The problem is that the cube is extremely rare at the moment for a participation reward that is unlimited.
    Maybe it should have read: Participation rewards are Limited.  :D 

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    it s glitch like many thing they add to the game more player base more profits same devs team with same budget very sad...this game need more devs
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Well I have 6 talis, zero cubes.  On the accounts/spawns I have run so far.  Noone else i know has got a cube. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:

Maybe it should have read: Participation rewards are Limited.  :D 

lol, I think it should be "Participation rewards are unlimited but it is a rare drop."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    edited October 2020
    I have 7 talismans spread out on 3 different shards and zero blue cubes. Do the blue cubes drop in pack or on corpses? Also, is the blue drop all during the spawn or on the death of the Bos, like the talisman is.
    (EDIT) Pawain and others answered in another post, ty - seems to be pack drop and during all phases of spawn.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Hippo said:
    I have 7 talismans spread out on 3 different shards and zero blue cubes. Do the blue cubes drop in pack or on corpses? Also, is the blue drop all during the spawn or on the death of the Bos, like the talisman is.
    (EDIT) Pawain and others answered in another post, ty - seems to be pack drop and during all phases of spawn.

Pack drop.

From asking as many people on Oceania who have been doing the spawns only ONE person has said they got a cube and that was on the first character they used BEFORE they got the tally.  Not a single other person has said they have got a cube.  I have done 7 for tally now, none for cube as has ppl in my alliance done multiple spawns all got tally none got cubes.  We are now helping other chars to the spawn (so not gonna get tally) and still no cubes on MULTIPLE spawns.  There is a problem with this. The GM of the biggest guild on oce has page a gm as it seem NONE of his guild have got either.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    If the cube is the Shard's first spawn exclusive, then the "unlimited participation reward" is not an item, it's just an achievement.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    *They are looking into it*

From the Meet and Greet just now Bonnie said...and  I quote:

*This is running a full month so we are looking into it*

So there you have it :)

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Probable results on Oct 31: "After looking into it we feel it is working as expected. The Black Gate spawn will be ending at server up." :)