An exercise in futility

63 mins fishing 156 total crab/lobster with only 43 being named before i got my first rock lobster + a min of 20% trap loss = not a lot of fun. maybe we need to turn the spawn rate up a tad bit? or restock the seas? removing the silly no name would be even better....
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Don't you know ? Fishing and crab trapping is fine just the way it is, according to those that enjoy it just the way it is.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    McDougle said:
    63 mins fishing 156 total crab/lobster with only 43 being named before i got my first rock lobster + a min of 20% trap loss = not a lot of fun. maybe we need to turn the spawn rate up a tad bit? or restock the seas? removing the silly no name would be even better....
    and some will tell you they need the no name for the britannia ship, for which you must be aware you need to donate 1 mil no name crab / lobster meaning according to your stat, it will take roughly 557,552 mins which equals to 9,292 hrs or 387 days doing crabs / lobsters *non stop*. I would believe even covid doesn't last that long and this is the dedication for those who will turn in crab / lobster for the britannia ship and I haven't calculated the cost in buying the traps yet as they are not cheap. 
  • I have just got my 3rd fisherman to 100 skill. From 93 to 100 I used traps.  I should have taken a screenshot but when I unloaded my ship I had approx 100/120 of each names crab/lobster and over 600 of the 4 types of crappy crustaceans. So 2400 junk.  Totally useless and imbalanced. I posted about it a few weeks ago about the need to useless lobsters to be removed when your skill is high enough, in the same way that fish are, only to be shot down by a few people that like the crappy lobsters. So I so t think mush will get done about it  
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Catching lobsters and crabs definitely needs some reconsideration. Less no names with greater skill seems like a good step in the right direction. 
  • Just make it the same as fish.  Once you start trade order. Or go above 50 skill. Or whatever the criteria. Match it with the lobsters and crabs. I don’t catch any plain fish with my 94 skill,100 skill and legendary fishermen   So we should not be catching rubbish crustaceans at high skill levels.  
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The devs aren't going to change crabbing because it's highly scripted already, like most tedious grinds in UO.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    give us trash orders to fill then 
    20 lobster west 
    20 crab east
    40 assorted footwear...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    20 lobster west 
    20 crab east
    40 assorted footwear...
    Yeah for real 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    McDougle said:
    20 lobster west 
    20 crab east
    40 assorted footwear...
    you will get the Dragonfish Handbook in return you really want that ?
  • If they won't rewrite the script for fishing, give us the chance of getting junk proof traps from the orders which let you catch without getting the no names

• Sir_Jerms said:
    If they won't rewrite the script for fishing, give us the chance of getting junk proof traps from the orders which let you catch without getting the no names

That’s a great idea