Summon fiend/fey bypasses town summoning rules

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Spellweaving spells summon fiend/fey can be cast in guardzones.

Expected result: for system message to read
"you cannot summon in this area." when attempting to cast the spells in a town/guardzone.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• this seems to follow a logic of it's own because both, thunderstorm and essence of wind can also be cast in guardzone while other aoe spells give a message that they can't be cast in guardzone. It looks like spellweaving was intentionally designed differently than other magics concerning that aspect.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    well, a seperate thread lists the problem of casting discrepancies in zones,

You can't say as a rule that spellweaving spells are designed differently to other magics because the spellweaving spell Nature's Fury and spellweaving mastery summon reaper follow the no casting in zone rule. So too does Wildfire.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    As you say many times.  It may be working as intended.  UO should not be designed with a cookie cutter.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • yes they are designed differently, I mean it's obvious by the way they behave differently in game, isn't it?

Also wildfire is a bad example because it doesn't behave like thunderstorm, essence of wind or earthquake (to mention an example from the oldest casting class in the game). Wildfire will bring up a targeting cursor while the other 3 don't.
    Wildfire, as well as nether cyclone and hailstorm, very much do cast in town, all you have to do is target yourself.