Are academic books still spawning in Bedlam?

Are academic books still spawning in Bedlam? I check all three locations on a regular basis but have not seen any books for the 4 months I have been trying to get them.

Comments

• TimTim Posts: 796
    edited July 2020
    Yes they still spawn I just beat you too them  >:)

I think they only spawn once a week on different timers so really just a mater of being there at the right time before someone else gets them. I think I got one in the last week or two.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2020
    They still spawn, I managed to steal one a few weeks back for the first time in the history of ever. Because, well, some players are just really good at knowing *wink wink* the exact spawn time *wink wink* that the item spawns..*wink wink* and they practice really hard to get really good at being there at exactly the right time *wink......final insulting.....wink*.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    edited July 2020
    They still spawn, I managed to steal one a few weeks back for the first time in the history of ever. Because, well, some players are just really good at knowing *wink wink* the exact spawn time *wink wink* that the item spawns..*wink wink* and they practice really hard to get really good at being there at exactly the right time *wink......final insulting.....wink*.
    I have no clue now but, I remember from years back that some players found a way to decode the data stream and, therefore, where able to know locations and time of spawns or whatever was in the data stream (for example exact location and time for IDOCs).....

Unless my memory fails me, I seem to remember that this came out because a Web Site popped up selling those informations... it eventually was taken down some time afterwards....

My point though is, that if someone back then found a way to decode the data stream, wouldn't it be possible for such a thing to happen also today ?

Sure, it might be encrypted but ain't decrypting things something which some hackers are very good at ?

So, is it really unthinkable of that someone with the knowledge, hardware and time to decode Ultima Online's Data Stream could do it, if they really wanted to ?

I have no clue if someone may or not actually have done it, just saying that, at least in theory, it is a possibility, ain't it ?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    popps said:
    I have no clue now but, I remember from years back that some players found a way to decode the data stream and, therefore, where able to know locations and time of spawns or whatever was in the data stream (for example exact location and time for IDOCs).....

Unless my memory fails me, I seem to remember that this came out because a Web Site popped up selling those informations... it eventually was taken down some time afterwards....

My point though is, that if someone back then found a way to decode the data stream, wouldn't it be possible for such a thing to happen also today ?

Sure, it might be encrypted but ain't decrypting things something which some hackers are very good at ?

So, is it really unthinkable of that someone with the knowledge, hardware and time to decode Ultima Online's Data Stream could do it, if they really wanted to ?

I have no clue if someone may or not actually have done it, just saying that, at least in theory, it is a possibility, ain't it ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,042
    @popps In Diablo you could sniff Wirts items.  I doubt you can use a Sniffer on UO.  Theres too many things going on.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Yes got one on July 24th. 
    @TimSt you had gone to bed so sorry the wife beat you to it. 
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Alot of thiefs out there and the stuff disapears fast