High Seas Cannon Bug

SethSeth Posts: 2,904
Blunder Cannons have a capacity of 300 stones.

It is possible to overload to 400 to 500 stones. The reason seem to be caused by the fact that, we need to remove items from  the cannon, and then add back in.

E.g. We cannot simply drop say 50 fuse cord into the cannon which already has say 10 fuse cords, to make 60. To add, we need to remove the 10 and add to the 50 in backpack, then put back into cannon. 

Due to this, I found a bug:
First add 100 of each type into the cannon.
Remove 100 fuse cord, put back 150  Repeat the same for the other 2 types. You can achieve 150 of each component. 

After this, remove 150 of the fuse cord and replace with 200. Repeat the same with the other 2 types. At this time, you should have exceeded the 300 stones for the cannon capacity. 

To be crystal clear was, I was not trying to exploit or find a bug.

I was simply trying to load my cannon to the maximum, but ended up finding this bug.

Ok, could we request this:
- Remove the maths which require to add 3 items to make 300 stones.
- Allow max 300 of each component in each cannon, regardless of overall weight limit.
- Allow us to top-up by dropping components into the cannon. It should behave like a backpack. We should not need to remove cannon ball to add cannon balls into the magazine.
    No results for this poll
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    A work around to having to take things out in order to add more is to just drop the additional items on the cannon itself or on its health bar.  I avoid using the interior view of the cannon to add more because of that issue.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    The capacity of 300 stones are too low. I can load up to 299 of each component and exceed 300 stones. 

Forget about dropping the items on the cannon, using my method can save me time to replenish the magazine.

This is one of the rare time that a bug is useful and I prefer it stay this way. 300 stones for cannon magazine is too low. The blundercannon should have at least 1000 stones capacity for its size.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs