pets won't deal area damage during invasions

Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
pets with area damage abilities (holy light, whirlwind, thunderstorm etc.) will use these during city invasions but they won't do damage to adjacent monsters.They will lose mana, the client will make the sound of the area spell/ability but no damage is dealt.
When players use whirlwind or thunderstorm it works as intended.

expected result: pets should deal damage to more than the primary target when using mana to perform area damage spells/abilities just like players do.

Comments

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    man this game is so due for a complete publish of bug fixes...

but na, instead they working on the next halloween deco items.....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I have not spoken to the team on this, but it is my personal belief that this is working as intended. Players can use some discretion as to when to use an area effect. Pets cannot and would inadvertantly target any passing blue npcs.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    No Mariah, if it were anything like player area dmg they would target reds, greys and if the pet's owner were VvV orange players too but not blues when the pet+owner are blue themselves.
    furthermore hit area on weapons works during town invasions which unlike special moves with area dmg is based on rng.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Let’s be real here, Max’s only looking for pets to use AoE so that the pets will inadvertently target him on his red and he can attack in town.  Pet AoE being disabled prevents this and should remain.
    I mean you could just bring a pet that doesn't do area damage and be 100% safe in guardzone where this event unfortunately takes place.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    pretty sure if the red enter in comabt with anything, he will get targeted by the pet AoE, but if not it's def bugged, specially that it doesnt damage the nearby monsters
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I mean you could just bring a pet that doesn't do area damage and be 100% safe in guardzone where this event unfortunately takes place.
    Right, no one should be able to bring any version of a chivalry pet just to satisfy your inability to play nice.
    way to make this personal.
    What does me fighting people have to do with being nice or any moral code whatsoever as long as I play within the rules the game offers?
    If the possibility of being attacked is such a big problem for you, why play on Siege Perilous in the first place? 
    This event taking part in guardzone is against everything Siege stands for. 
    Siege is the "hard shard" because anyone can be attacked anywhere at any time and this is exactly what makes this shard great: you have to take risks in order to achieve something.

I am pointing out a broken game mechanic (pets not dealing area dmg while spending the mana for it). Let's stay on topic and get this problem resolved.
    Merus said:
    Right, no one should be able to bring any version of a chivalry pet just to satisfy your inability to play nice.

of course people can bring chiv pets. They just have to be cautious like anyone else dealing area damage. If you see a red within 2 tiles of your pet tell it to stop. Problem solved. Just like someone with a hit area weapon will stop hitting as to not attack reds or people who like to use thunderstorm or essence of wind.