2 characters on new Endless Journey accounts

BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
edited March 2018 in Test Center
@Mesanna @Bleak @Mariah What happens to our other chars on old accounts that we open using EJ

Comments

• PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    what are you even asking?
  • BubblegumBubblegum Posts: 41

I haven't seen where there will be  limit of characters? and as far as I can find, EJ isn't active yet, so like PureLife stated, what you talking about?

Wildfire

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-99/

Under Character in the list of restrictions:

"All shards, limited to 2 characters on new Endless Journey accounts"

wooo, thanx, somehow missed that section..

Wildfire

• SableSable Posts: 239
    I think EJ limits characters to new EJ accounts only.  Can EJ Accounts purchase the 7th character slot upgrade?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sable said:
    I think EJ limits characters to new EJ accounts only.  Can EJ Accounts purchase the 7th character slot upgrade?
    This is why I am asking the DEVs.  Can you hear it now from New accounts getting 2 only but I get to keep all my old chars.

Expansions, Boosters, and Theme Packs

Up to Mondain’s LegacyYes, includedYes, included
    Stygian AbyssYes, includedYes, included (not active yet)
    High SeasIf purchasedIf purchased
    Gothic/RusticIf purchasedIf purchased
    King’s CollectionIf purchasedIf purchased
    Time of LegendsIf purchasedIf purchased
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Sounds like all they will have to do to get there full allotment of character slots is subscribe for a month.
    -Arroth
    Sounds like all they will have to do to get there full allotment of character slots is subscribe for a month.
    But then the account would need to go dormant for 120 days to become EJ.  My question is very simple is will our old accounts that are past the 120 days be considered a new EJ account or will it be considered a Vet Account with more than 2 chars on it.

Bilbo said:
    But then the account would need to go dormant for 120 days to become EJ.  My question is very simple is will our old accounts that are past the 120 days be considered a new EJ account or will it be considered a Vet Account with more than 2 chars on it.

Hmmm, true what you say about the 120 day downtime. Maybe character slot tokens will be added so EJ players can pay to open additional slots? Sounds like a good store item.

Total guess, but I'm going to say existing accounts will be considered a Vet Account with all of the existing characters and purchased extensions (like the 7th character slot) if you start playing that account under EJ.

If a new account was created, that had never been played, then the 2 character limit would apply. At least that is the way I read it.

I can't imagine that if a customer had an old account with 5 (to 7) fully developed characters and the customer went to open the account under EJ, that 3 of the characters would be....what....deleted, greyed out? How could you choose which 3? That would be messy.

The greyed out option might make sense. You could open the option for other characters under EJ by purchasing a EJ slot from the store.

Lots of options there, I see why you are asking!

-Arroth
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    I think it says "new EJ accounts" for a reason. You probably get to use all chars on old accounts.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
    InLor said:
    I think it says "new EJ accounts" for a reason. You probably get to use all chars on old accounts.

I think you are right.

Now that it has occurred to me though, I think they should make unavailable (grey them out so you can still see what characters are there) all but the top 2 slots, and sell "Open another character slot today and enjoy even greater adventures in Britannia!" tokens in the store.

-Arroth
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    EJ accounts can't be limited, hence limiting the number of characters per EJ account beyond a normal account is just dumb logic.
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    People can just make more EJ accounts if they want more characters. I fail to see how this is a problem
    cobb said:
    People can just make more EJ accounts if they want more characters. I fail to see how this is a problem
    People are going to be opening up old accounts and it would be nice to know if they will be able to use all the chars that are on those accounts or just 2 of them.
    Merus said:
    EJ accounts can't be limited, hence limiting the number of characters per EJ account beyond a normal account is just dumb logic.
    It's true that people could open another EJ account. However, if a customer started an EJ account, then bought expansions (theme packs/boosters) for it, they might want additional character slots that had access to those expansions. If they just started a new account, they would need to buy the expansions for that new account as well. Selling character slots to take advantage of the expansions already obtained might be a good revenue generator.
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    cobb said:
    Can't use a soulstone on different accounts.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @Mariah please move this to the Test Center Forum as it appears the only spot DEVs are answering/posting to threads.
  • Just wondering. Is there any reason people wouldn't just make like 20 EJ accounts if they wanted more toons?
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    Just wondering. Is there any reason people wouldn't just make like 20 EJ accounts if they wanted more toons?
    I am trying to get a DEV to answer if old accounts will have this same restriction if they are opened up using the EJ feature.  Most old accounts have all of their char slots full.  I have an account that has 6 chars on it per shard and has never had an expansion applied to it and was just upgraded to SA so somewhere along the lines a 6th char was added, not sure the expansion that did that.  This account is a house holding account so will stay open but at one time I had 10 accounts plus the Guild accounts were all given to me so I would like to see what is on them but do not want to take the chance of losing all those chars by opening them up under EJ.
    @Mariah can this thread be moved to Test Center
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Sorry for the delay - I took time out to eat!  As it happens, I actually have an answer for your question too. On veteran accounts all pre-existing characters may be accessed.

@Mariah TYVM
    Mariah said:
    Sorry for the delay - I took time out to eat!  As it happens, I actually have an answer for your question too. On veteran accounts all pre-existing characters may be accessed.

"Bubblegum Likes this"

Wildfire