RNG Really Needs To Be Looked Into Again

Numerous times in the past the UO RNG has been tweaked due to discovering "streakiness", etc in it. It really was so much better for a long time. For the past several years now, it seems to be broken again & I am so frustrated with it that I am having trouble keeping any motivation to keep playing.

Lets take the current invasion spell books as an example. There are not a huge number of books that can drop. I think around 35 different possible slayers. Out of nearly 100 slayer books (this current invasion), that I have around 8 demon, dragon, ice, 5-6 fey, arachnid, undead, repond, ophidian, etc but not one single reptile slayer? And I am not the only one. There are numerous people reporting the same thing. The consensus is that for some reason a reptile slayer is "rare". People are reporting that after 100+ books without a single or maybe one reptile slayer. Also, I have not a single flame slayer - but I have more ice slayers than I could ever need.

The khaldun turn-in rewards system had the same issue. So please do not respond with the canned response that this is random normal behavior & to keep trying. I have been for multiple events to get basically even one of this book. Something is wrong with the RNG. Please fix it.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    even a true RNG will have what looks like streaks and I am not saying that UOs RNG doesnt but from what I understand is that everytime the RNG number it is totally random and then other factors are taken into account.  On a true RNG even this invasion would be considered a small sample size.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Reptile is the only rare book.

It should be since it is a slayer to the most popular spawn boss and another spawn boss. Plus minor bosses.

I have gotten 95 books and not one 50% this time.  That is RNG.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    This could be the reason why they have GGS for skills in the past. People love winning streaks, but hate it when they fail repeatedly. It is still random.

As some suggested, if not RNG then maybe it should be like Blackthorn - collect drops and exchange for item. I actually prefer this method, as we get to pick what we liked.

btw, I have one of each super slayers x 2 sets. Not all are 30 but I would rather spend my time doing other things more fun, then gambling with the RNG and burning my time trying to get all 30s.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs