Classic Client Macro Disarm (left hand) + Drink potion + Rearm (left hand) Help needed

It should be a quite easy macro to make yet, I do not seem to get it to work... can anyone please help me telling what are the correct steps I should put in this Macro to get it to work ?

What I do is : 

1. Arm/Disarm -- Left Hand
2. Delay           -- 20 (but I tried other numbers up to 100 which is 10 seconds and it still does not work)
3. UseObject   -- Potion (I tried with various kinds but none works)
4. Delay           -- 20 (but I tried other numbers up to 100 which is 10 seconds and it still does not work)
5. Arm/Disarm -- Left Hand

When I hit the Macro, the only thing that happens is that I Disarm the shield in the left hand, then I see repeated twice the message on my screen "You must wait to perform another action" and I do not even ream the Left Hand at the end of the Macro, let alone drinking the potion which never happens....

As I said, I went up to putting a delay of 100 ticks which, I understand, is 10 seconds in the Classic Client Macro and yet, it makes no difference and still does not work... besides, if one needs to drink a potion it should be a FAST paced thing to be allowed to take place so, the delay in between the actions should be minimal, not more then 1 second if even that long...

What gives ? What am I selecting that is wrong and that makes the macro not work ?

Dammit, I wished the Macro building in the Classic Client was WAAAAAY more user friendly.....

Thanks for the kind help !

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    You cant edit a macro in cc you have to delete it and start all over, then it will work. I didnt drink a potion but I opened a spellbook and its working fine.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Chrille said:
    You cant edit a macro in cc you have to delete it and start all over, then it will work. I didnt drink a potion but I opened a spellbook and its working fine.
    I tried, at some point to delete it and make a new one, but it does not work still....

Can you try making one that involves disarming, drinking a potion and then rearming again and let me know if it works for you and what delay you set up if with ?

Thanks !
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The problem is the timer on moving/using  any item after and arm/dress macro.
    I believe it is 1 second per item.

So your delay should be(baring lag)
    1500 after disarm, and 1500 after arm.

I would suggest if your using pots to see about using a balanced weapon, or not use a shield.
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Worked fine drinking a greater str pot that I had got from a potion keg, used pauses of 20. Didnt work with str pots that I bought from alchemist.
    Norry said:
    The problem is the timer on moving/using  any item after and arm/dress macro.
    I believe it is 1 second per item.

So your delay should be(baring lag)
    1500 after disarm, and 1500 after arm.

I would suggest if your using pots to see about using a balanced weapon, or not use a shield.
    @Norry

According to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/creating-macros/available-macro-actions/
    Delay Adds a delay to the macro. (measured in ‘ticks’ 10 ticks = 1 second)
    So, if I put 1500 as you suggest, my understanding is that the Delay would then be some 150 seconds (2 and a half minutes....).

If I need a Delay of 1 second then, the number to put in should be 10 and I put 20 and tried up to 100 and still did not work....

Chrille said:
    Worked fine drinking a greater str pot that I had got from a potion keg, used pauses of 20. Didnt work with str pots that I bought from alchemist.
    I am using potions bought from a players' Vendor, not sure what the difference might be and why one would work while the other not to you....

But the error to me, seems more to be a problem with the organization of the Macro and the delay since I am getting the message  "You must wait to perform another action" ....

I do not understand what I am doing wrong.... it should be an easy Macro to make and, yet, I cannot get it to work....
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Well , i bet you could drink the potion with a 150 second delay lol.