Auto-Logout

Hey all, I noticed this recently and was wondering what happened? I used to stay logged in by standing at Luna bank, even when doing chores or something else. I love to keep the journal open and keep tabs on what's going on. It seems that now, I auto logout while standing at Luna bank. Was this change intended? If so I wish it could be changed back so that we see more peeps standing, especially on less populated shards. Thanks and hope all is well with everyone. See you guys at RareFest!

-Polaris

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited May 2020
    Was on all day did not log off at luna stables.

Also do not keep journal open.  Why would that matter?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    ?  I thought characters did autolog after a certain amount of time with no motion or typing,.  I know when running my training macro, it warns me that character will log out in one minute if I don't do anything.  And it happens.  I don't know why being in Luna specifically would keep anyone logged in.  That just sounds strange.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Rock said:
    ?  I thought characters did autolog after a certain amount of time with no motion or typing,.  I know when running my training macro, it warns me that character will log out in one minute if I don't do anything.  And it happens.  I don't know why being in Luna specifically would keep anyone logged in.  That just sounds strange.

Any place with other character traffic will keep your character logged in no matter if you perform any actions or not. Banks, moongates ect. 
  • PolarisPolaris Posts: 106
    Yea, usually standing at a bank I never logged out. But now the past 5 times I have stood at Luna mint for anytime over 30 minutes and pulled my screen back up, I was logged out. Maybe because I had my screen minimized perhaps? Just kind of wondering, I've been busy a ton lately, so maybe it is due to my screen being minimized. I'll test that tonight. Thanks all.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    What shard?  Does it happen on other chars/shards/accounts? 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    'Show Names of Approaching Players' in options will keep your character logged in as long as any mobile comes in your range every 5 minutes.

You're welcome.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited May 2020
    Thats why we afk in Luna. The NPCs walking around will keep you on.
    If you try to do that in Brit on LS you will auto log.  The circle is not used frequently enough.  

I think the Show names is on by default.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PolarisPolaris Posts: 106
    username said:
    'Show Names of Approaching Players' in options will keep your character logged in as long as any mobile comes in your range every 5 minutes.

You're welcome.
    Pawain said:
    Thats why we afk in Luna. The NPCs walking around will keep you on.
    If you try to do that in Brit on LS you will auto log.  The circle is not used frequently enough.  

I think the Show names is on by default.
    Thank you both!!! That was definitely it. See you guys in Luna. :) :)