Cheating in this reminds me of alocholics

MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
edited March 2020 in General Discussions
There seems to be a interesting repeating theme I always find in this game, when ever cheating gets brought up, I tell them I don't like cheaters, I don't think its the right thing to do, and using cheating to make money off some one else property is even worse. Which cheating in a game, and then selling it to some one else is 100 percent making money off of some one else's property.

Every time I say that, I get the same responses that cheating is fine, I shouldn't worry about it, one even said I was a sucker for buying stuff from the cash shop instead of the cheaters. It reminds me to the t of going into a room of a bunch of alcoholics drinking, and you go in and say guys drinking so much is really bad calm down on it. You would get the same kind of responses from the alcoholics as you would from the people defending cheaters. 

Ahh well I still will hope that I am not the only one that doesn't cheat, and I will continue to support UO with the cash shop, and not join in on thinking its fine to support cheaters, gold sellers, and the rest. Just found it interesting they are like alcoholics. Though I guess it makes sense, both know its wrong, both don't want to talk about it, both don't want others to talk about it, and both want to try and get other people to accept it as being alright. 

Comments

• Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Cheating is not the norm for UO in fact back when I was a Counselor we tackled cheating and the stiff loss of accounts hurt them.  Mesanna and the Dev do care and have been at it a long time to keep the game clean but it takes more then just run through and a hint of something. We all should report suspicious activity.  I for one have seen a vendor on Atl who is selling a super ton of high end items in large multiples of each. if that is not duping which is cheating big time. IDK what is. 

We need to speak up if  you can come up with more then a "gee he has 2 … " it would be great for a bit of proof to back you up.  

Cheating in bot runs for resources... you know the bot and its run... take cords and time the run is spotted name of bot this helps the GMs who by the way get swamped so dont take offence that your not listened to as they know your report and will look in on it.  
  • Cheating is not the norm for UO in fact back when I was a Counselor we tackled cheating and the stiff loss of accounts hurt them.  Mesanna and the Dev do care and have been at it a long time to keep the game clean but it takes more then just run through and a hint of something. We all should report suspicious activity.  I for one have seen a vendor on Atl who is selling a super ton of high end items in large multiples of each. if that is not duping which is cheating big time. IDK what is. 

We need to speak up if  you can come up with more then a "gee he has 2 … " it would be great for a bit of proof to back you up.  

Cheating in bot runs for resources... you know the bot and its run... take cords and time the run is spotted name of bot this helps the GMs who by the way get swamped so dont take offence that your not listened to as they know your report and will look in on it.  
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one :)I will just remain hopeful and report what I see, Thank you muchly for the response.