Sampire and Karma

Should a sampire character, desiring to use both chivalry and necromancy, lock his karma?  This will lead him deep into negative karma territory, which is good for necro and bad for chiv.  Or should he not lock it?  This would probably lead to a more-or-less neutral karma, not bad for either, but not good either.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• ReikoReiko Posts: 30
    For a Sampire you will want as high as possible positive karma instead of negative. The only necromancy spells you will most likely be using is Vampire Form and maybe Curse Weapon, which do not scale off karma. You'll need positive karma for the effectiveness of Chivalry spells like EoO and Consc Arms. 
  • Easy ways to keep karma above 20k are mass killing balrons (sacrifice fame for selfresses) or give your sampire a set of exodus keys and complete the ritual. You don't have to kill exodus, the ritual alone will give you a big karma boost (10k or more if I remember correctly). If you have a group and archery on a soulstone you can even get looting rights on exodus, if you don't then you can simply leave after the ritual. 
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Thank you for info, guys.
  • There's almost no benefit to negative karma sadly, unless you want to have a sweet title, get more mana from the wisp or use the villainous set and have a good time in the twisted.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    @WornOutYourTool I thought there was more benefit for a necromancer from negative karma.  But checking the Necromancy page, you are absolutely correct.  Plus I'm not one to care about titles, so being "Dread Lord" is not a benefit to me.
  • WornOutYourToolWornOutYourTool Posts: 299
    edited February 2020
    Rock said:
    @ WornOutYourTool I thought there was more benefit for a necromancer from negative karma.  But checking the Necromancy page, you are absolutely correct.  Plus I'm not one to care about titles, so being "Dread Lord" is not a benefit to me.
    Yeah, there's myths that float around about it affecting things like wither (that's enemy karma) and whatnot, but nope, necro didn't get too much love and now that many would riot it anything negatively affected sampires I don't see that changing.  Raised the point at a few meats greets, and a few times in the forum's.  Devs seemed receptive but they seem to know they're stuck on that one.