Been 12 years or so

Just saying hi, its been awhile. usually I leave and come back every year or two but this time its been I have no idea..I guess last thing i was doing was farming Swoop, which looks to be nerfed now.

i am on Legends, which is pretty desolate.

I was wondering if Sampire was still a good char to make? I think my Provo Mage is not that well suited any more, and I would like this time to really do content that I never tried, like doom and other dungeons, and try to get good to get good loot drops.

Is a tamer good for this? or is sampire a better bet, or something different completely?

I'll probably make a tamer or sampire on Atlantic.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Tamers can go everywhere now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    Cool, thanks for the input! I wish they would just un nerf bards so I don't have to grind another char though lol. Making things unbardable was kinda lameo 

Well there was one or two bosses I heard eat pets? So I thought they might have nerfed tamers too

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Tamers can now level up their pets.
    Giant beetles are now 1 slot when you tame them and can be worked up to a 5 slot pet.
    I think every tamer has their own favorite pet.
    Mine would be the giant beetle, because I can carry loot in its pack.

but to answer your question...
    some people use tamers, because of the pet leveling.
    but sampires are also popular.
    however, the armor and weapons are very expensive, especially on Atlantic.

Well, that sounds confusing! i always wanted a nightmare, are those still good for end game stuff?
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Pawain said:
    Yet still suck in PvP situations. They need a bump in that aspect. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    Except for blackthorn! Captains still eat my pets like tic tacs. 
    jelinidas said:
    Pawain said:
    Yet still suck in PvP situations. They need a bump in that aspect. 
    They were decent until yall whined and got them nerfed within a week of release. 
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    Ya they cant solo everything but there are Tamers who can solo those. Not I.  But As another thread said, a group of three can do some damage.
    I think more builds should be viable in end game content, no one should be locked out via non bard, or eating pets or certain spells not working, its rediculous. No one liked to group back then and no one likes to group now.

i mean, grouping is fun, but to me UO was so different from other games, and that difference kept beign changed to be like everyone else. They started making places not be able to recall in and out of, they started forcing group play, nerfing soloers, making dungeons specifically need more people, and in the end, people still found ways to create special solo builds..its just the devs fighting against the inevitable, when they should be embracing solo play especially as their numbers dwindle.

But that is neither here nor there, I just want to play the content i missed. I want to kill epic bosses and little bosses and explore the dungeons and cool spots and do whatever the heck the "roof" is.

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited January 2020
    Pawain said:

Except for Chief Paroxysmus. Never bring pets (or summons) to Chief Paroxysmus.

Urge said:
    Pawain said:

Blackthorn's Captains take half damage from pets, and have a 20% chance or so to inflict triple damage to a pet (like what Skele Drags and Serpentine Dragons have).
    I usually solo Blackthorn Captains with my Macer/Paladin (Dragoon), or if i'm with my guild doing BT as a hunt, i'll bring my Disco/Tamer with a Fire Beetle. Beetle's Rune Corruption at least debuffs the Captain so everyone deals more damage then.
  • monkgamer said:
    But that is neither here nor there, I just want to play the content i missed. I want to kill epic bosses and little bosses and explore the dungeons and cool spots and do whatever the heck the "roof" is.

My guild on Atlantic (UWF) hosts guild hunts every day (except Tuesday) at 9:00 PM EST for an hour, where we frequently hunt Peerlesses, Champs (Tram based), other Bosses, and harder dungeons. Largest, most active guild in UO. I went from being a solo player on Napa, to hunting in a group on Atlantic with UWF, major refreshing change.
    Maybe I need to get in an active guild some how
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Pawain said:

They were decent until yall whined and got them nerfed within a week of release. 
    When in the hell did I whine about them? I have been back a little more then a year. Yall? Keep me out of your drama!
    edited January 2020
    jelinidas said:
    Pawain said:

When in the hell did I whine about them? I have been back a little more then a year. Yall? Keep me out of your drama!
    Ok you learned why pets do 50% damage to players and have a cap on single damage.  Somehow you sounded like a PvPer. My mistake.   None were for pets coming to Fel. You can look at the threads about Pub. 97.
  • The biggest complaint about pets in PvP around Pub 97, was about the Phoenix. Phoenix can spawn with up to 300 DEX, and so were faster than a speed hacking Usain Bolt on crack. They also had a small red Eagle graphic, that made it very difficult to pull their bar, especially considering how fast they moved. The Phoenix was basically the Beast of Caerbannog.

People would put Dismount on the Phoenix, and have it chase down someone like a heat seeking missile and Dismount them, allowing the mounted/flying Tamer to catch up and finish them off.
    The devs then capped pet movement speed at 190 DEX, changed the Phoenix's graphic from a red Eagle to the peacock graphic of the Greater Phoenix, put a cooldown on a pet's Dismount and AI attempts in PvP, then later reduced pet damage in PvP by 30%, and then 50%.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This thread started badly, it seems to have turned the corner, please keep trolling out.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited January 2020
    @monkgamer Some things are not meant to be said here. After having Mariah remove my posts twice now, I have to concur. "please keep the trolling out" @Mariah
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Life is good.
    All is well, UO is best game ever and getting better everyday...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    monkgamer said:

My guild on Atlantic (UWF) hosts guild hunts every day (except Tuesday) at 9:00 PM EST for an hour, where we frequently hunt Peerlesses, Champs (Tram based), other Bosses, and harder dungeons. Largest, most active guild in UO. I went from being a solo player on Napa, to hunting in a group on Atlantic with UWF, major refreshing change.

I have to say UWF seems to be a fine guild. They let me tag along more than once on their peerless hunts even though i am not in their guild. That deserves respect and honorable mention.

You have much better odds of rebuilding faster on Atlantic than you do on lesser populated shards. Once established a transfer token will be pocket change to take you to your retirement home. 
    yes i am going to hit up atlantic. i appreciate the suggestions. i cant wait to experience this game to its fullest