Your spirit lacks the cohesion for gate travel at this time

"Your spirit lacks the cohesion for gate travel at this time"

I doubt there are many players who are fans of this message.
When I cast a gate in game I usually do so to enter that gate and get to the destination. I do not see why I should have to wait minutes until I can finally go through my gate because of above message.

Can anyone enlighten me about the reason this was implemented and why it is still around? Could we just get rid of this and let people go through their gates when they cast them?

It's very annoying, even more so on Siege where gate travel is much more commonly used (no recall)

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    You can find people complaining about this back in 2010 already. The legend goes that it was a fix to prevent duping. There is also this thread here from february https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3356/your-spirit-lacks-the-cohesion-for-gate-travel-at-this-time

Good luck.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     I just love it when you miss a gate from start to end getting that message!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,833
    edited October 2019
    I know on siege that if I get this message I take two steps away from the gate and double click it and it works. Appears to be a sync issue. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I know on siege that if I get this message I take two steps away from the gate and double click it and it works. Appears to be a sync issue. 
    are you sure this is still working? because it was "fixed" when they fixed criminal or heat of battle flagged players being able to go through gates that way.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,833
    edited October 2019
    It worked the last time I tried it. But then again the big thing that I do to avoid it is to not move after casting gate until the sound effect stops. And of course you know as well as anyone I rarely get to play anymore so it may not be working
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Definitely one of the Top 5 major annoyances in the game.  More so on Siege.

@Kyronix can we please please please fix this?  If not, then can you please at least explain to us why not?