From the Desk of EM Faine Morgan - October Edition

EM EchoEM Echo Posts: 165Event Moderator
As we turn yet another page on the calendar, it's hard to believe we are now in October. The summer has come to an end and, at least according to the calendar, we have entered Fall. Of course, depending on where you live, it may be Fall, Winter or Summer take 16. 

As the days grow shorter, we turn our eyes to the holiday season. With Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, New Years, etc. all coming up fast, as well as real life conflicts, the Event Schedule is going to go a little haywire. After the first of the year, we will plan to get back on a regular schedule but, from now through December, please keep an eye on the calendar, Facebook and this forum as things are going to be a bit out of sequence.

Before we move on to talking about upcoming things, let's wrap up September. 

First, congratulations to Circe! Circe turned in a 179 stone Autumn Dragonfish! A plaque will be placed on our Wall of Fame in Luna in the next few days and the trophy will be hung at the Meeting Hall.

Next, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the reports turned in from the search for Jacob Mingler. You guys are really creative and I loved reading your impressions and suppositions. I hope you enjoyed the quest just as much and I plan to do more of those type of quests coming up so keep an eye out for information.

I've had several people ask me how they know what Order of the Rose or Order of the Stone points they have accumulated. I'm working on getting an update posted so everyone can see where they stand. As soon as I get that updated, well before the end of November, I'll link to it so everyone can check their progress. Please know that I keep a copy of my journal for each event so that I can verify attendance. If you have not yet signed up, it's not too late, drop a book in one of my mailboxes with your character name and path choice or email me. I will close registration for this round at the end of November. After that, you will need to wait until January to sign up. 

Now, onto October!

First of all, I've had several requests to push the time for the Governor's meeting just a little as the 7:30 p.m. start is hard for some to make. For October, I'm going to push the time to 8:00 p.m. and we will see how that works. We will re-evaluate for November. 

I'm also going to change up the event schedule and put on a Fall Festival over the weekend this month. There will be two days and more information to come on the various contests and events during the Festival as well the theme and info for the Fall Plot decoration contest. Look for a separate post with details. 

October Dates and Events

October 7th - 8:00 p.m. Eastern - Governor's Meeting with the King
October 19th - Fall Deco Build (More details to come)
October 24th - 8:00 p.m. Eastern - EM Led Event - Gate provided from Luna Mint
October 26th - 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Eastern - Catskills Fall Festival Day One Gate provided from Luna Mint
October 27th - 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Eastern - Catskills Fall Festival Day Two Gate provided from Luna Mint

October's Fish of the Month - Zombie Fish (what else?) Entries can be dropped off at the Meeting Hall north of Britain Moongate or the Award Hall in Malas. All entries must be received by October 30th.

As always, you can email  me at any time at emfainemorgan@gmail.com or reach out on Facebook.

See you in Sosaria!