TY Kyronix

Thanks for taking time to respond this afternoon on some topics. I, and I'm sure others, wish you would do this more often. I am not the biggest pom pom guy as you know, but we just want to be heard, know you at least see our concerns. It would be nice if you (and the team) took maybe five minutes a day just to check in on hot topics. It's not like this forum gets a lot of action anyways. Thanks for the effort in the things you do, we probably do not say this often enough. BUT, try to not just put your stamp on things and stick to strict schedules. If it ain't right...don't publish! We will live! 

KISS is a beautiful thing. Don't overthink! Thanks again for trying and putting up with our ...

Comments

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    After getting a nasty PM on "another forum", I thought I'd just like to say this again (see original post above). I was called many not so nice things and say I am never positive... well, I thought this was quite positive and still feel the same today as I did in AUGUST. 

This is a tad bothersome though...

Mariah Posts: 928Moderator
    ….
    This team interacts with players at regular, monthly intervals in game. Kyronix and sometimes Bleak can frequently be found on Test Center. The fact that they only post here when they have something of substance to say doesn't mean they don't read here. If they posted as much as some people seem to think they should they would never get anything else done.

Where and when are these regular, monthly intervals in game? Who are they with? I know you surly can not mean the shard meet and greets. Kyronix and especially Bleak hardly get a word in. Are they even there? The M&G meetings are pretty much fluff. Snarky answers, on our list, NO, or soon, is about it. And even if its a yes, it never/hardly ever happens. Dont forget the send me a email!

Test Center is great, just like these forums. But there are no numbers that show up, Its the same (being nice here) 100 people. Not a true showing of the population. The reason most dont come to the forums is they feel ignored. Im in many discord groups and the consensus is...why bother.

I love that last line...

If they posted as much as some people seem to think they should they would never get anything else done.

Who is asking for nonstop dialogue? Five minutes before lunch maybe? Five before end of day perhaps? I mean...really, how many active threads are there? 3..4? A simple "thanks guys, great feedback. Awesome ideas! Sorry, theres no way we can do that at this time because of..(a reason). Hell, that reason could be anything, Lost code, fear of  (insert something), would take to much time...you get the idea. Five freaking minutes to show us your human, love the game as much we do and really are listening. FIVE minutes/maybe twice a day. Split it up, take turns..?

Send me my Boo boo letter mods. Lock this one. Do what ever. It really is not ment to troll, but be positive. Help the team. Help OUR game. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    All of the Minions will answer questions you have for their area of expertise at M&Gs.
    The Queen will ask them to answer specific questions if they deal with their area.
    Most of the questions at M&Gs are pretty lame and do not require any special game knowledge.

You shoud go to more of them or pay attention so you can post facts here.

Thought you were leaving.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Pawain said:

...You shoud go to more of them or pay attention so you can post facts here.

Thought you were leaving.
    I go to all I can. Ask questions when I can (got a bit discouraged, so not so much anymore) and always read the transcripts on stratics when I miss them. Sure they were posted here! *coughs*

Who the hell said I'm leaving?  Where do you people even come up with this shit? Just yesterday I said I support official shards! Come on Pawain, I am a UO junkie, perhaps that's why I'm so passionate!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2020
    Sadly by the time the next M&G happens this will be live on all shards.  I would rather have more interaction here on the forum prior to PUBs going live than M&G where you can almost tell what the answer will be before they even give it if you have been here long enough.

Maybe when they post what they are doing in a PUB they also give a basic idea as to why they think it needs to be done the way they are doing it.

It was said the reason they are deleting Vet Rewards is because they were not earned, well if that is the reason then the account that earned/owns them should have them placed in their bank along with any account bound items.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited March 2020
    Sorry @jelindas.  I get you and another poster mixed up.  They musta said they are leaving.
    I wont mention their name.

I would think the intent of a meet and greet is to talk to the players about general UO things.  Not get grilled by the players on random things the Devs are not prepaired for.  But that is what they have turned into.

Draconi used to make things on Test center and have fun with us.  It made us not so eager to complain.
    I think that where the throwable items started.

I also want to know how many of these players wanted Vet rewards to go poof when their house collapses.  And what brought that up 2 or more years ago.  And what if the Gargoyles did not vacuum all the items up at IDOCs.  We would not have complained.  Would the the Devs have deleted Vet rewards now if we never had an issue with IDOCs?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    I would think the intent of a meet and greet is to talk to the players about general UO things.  Not get grilled by the players on random things the Devs are not prepaired for.  But that is what they have turned into.
    I would have said the M&G has turned more into a begging line. 

They're really in a no win situation. Players complain so they try to fix their complaints which opens up a whole new group of complainers that always ends with a group of "i'll quit if you do this".  Bye Felicia. 

I don't agree with every change or addition made but i enjoy the game and i'll find something to do in it to keep enjoying it no matter what. 

This team is not here to cater to every whim of the players. They're trying to find a balance that's best for everyone but so many forget that.