Treasure Maps possible problem

My wife and I have been doing t-maps since the update and have had a problem crop up a few times.  I am the t-hunter of the pair and run a mystic-mage t-hunter and my wife brings her tamer and uses her dog to help kill the spawn.  We are in the same guild, and party up to do the maps.

During the remove trap phase I put down a Rising Colossus to pick up and help kill the spawn while my wife simply sicks her dog on to the spawn.  Several times now after the spawn is dead my colossus has gone over and killed my wife.  The first time this happened we figured that she had mis-targeted and targeted the colossus.  We're both experienced players, but accidents happen.  However, this happened again on the next three maps.  Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, thrice is enemy action.  While I would believe that she mis-targeted once, maybe twice, but not four times.  Also, she says that she was paying attention and did not mis-target.

Something happened that caused my colossus to agro on to my wife.  One of the times my wife's dog attacked me after I rezed her.  The only thing I can think of is somehow the damage that we are taking each time that the remove trap fails is causing the colossus to agro onto her.  Is anyone else having similar problems?  Any suggestions?

Comments

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    It probably has to do with what specials the pet is using.  There is still some issues with certain AOE's that will flag even guildies and once your flagged it will continue to flag each other unless you unflag completely.  Examples are spellweaving, lightning arrow, explosive goo might do it as well.  This is an issue everywhere not just summons and things.   It happens in pvp now where is guildies are flagged to each other and someone cast essence of wind of thunderstorm itll attack its own members.   Its been happening ever since they updated the client with open corpse thing, the box to check to not flag friendlies or pets.   If you use a macro for attack nearest hostile it attacks your guildies EV's colusses when doing spawns.  It never used to do that before
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It probably has to do with what specials the pet is using.  There is still some issues with certain AOE's that will flag even guildies and once your flagged it will continue to flag each other unless you unflag completely.  Examples are spellweaving, lightning arrow, explosive goo might do it as well.  This is an issue everywhere not just summons and things.   It happens in pvp now where is guildies are flagged to each other and someone cast essence of wind of thunderstorm itll attack its own members.   Its been happening ever since they updated the client with open corpse thing, the box to check to not flag friendlies or pets.   If you use a macro for attack nearest hostile it attacks your guildies EV's colusses when doing spawns.  It never used to do that before
    this explains a lot ...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • HosteenHosteen Posts: 14
    This could be a possibility.  Her Cu Sidhe is Chivalry trained and i guess it could be Holy Light.  I'll have to watch for this the next time we do maps.
  • WendyWendy Posts: 31
    I had a similar problem when playing with a friend, we are both mystic mage's so no pets involved.  We did several maps, both casting colossus and healing as needed.  We found that if we healed each other our colossus would then agro on the other player.  It happened several times before we figured out that we could not heal the other player.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    What Wendy said, had it and have it happening all the time. 

@Kyronix - Please, it needs to be fixed.  And while you're at it, fix it so an archer or other weapons user using a nearest enemy macro not to choose our guildmates or friends Colossuses and Energy Vortexes.