Possible Bug

Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
Should we be able to smelt cannon deeds and cannon balls back to ingots, or is this intended? 
A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    In RL they smelted things into cannons so why not smelt cannons into other stuff?

Unless it makes more ingots than the cannon cost.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • i just think it's odd that we cannot smelt a big iron ball into ingots, same with a big iron cannon. 

• Misk1Misk1 Posts: 5Dev
    Should we be able to smelt cannon deeds and cannon balls back to ingots, or is this intended? 

We cannot think of any reason why players should not be able to smelt cannon balls back into ingots.  Please realize that cannonballs can be crafted out of any type of metal, however when smelted back into ingots the player would only receive regular ingots.

We cannot say the same about actual cannons, those are crafted with multiple materials and are created in deed form.  Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything in deed form that can be salvaged back into a basic material.

So the answer is YES for cannon balls and NO for cannons.

• Misk said:

We cannot think of any reason why players should not be able to smelt cannon balls back into ingots.  Please realize that cannonballs can be crafted out of any type of metal, however when smelted back into ingots the player would only receive regular ingots.

We cannot say the same about actual cannons, those are crafted with multiple materials and are created in deed form.  Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything in deed form that can be salvaged back into a basic material.

So the answer is YES for cannon balls and NO for cannons.

i can live with that, it just seemed odd to me that we couldn't. thank you.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    @Misk1 @Kyronix we have the ability to smelt the cannon balls into ingots now, thank you for that. The only problem is that it treats a stack of cannon balls as 1 cannon ball so a stack of of 250 light cannon balls gives you 4 ingots same goes for heavy cannon balls. A stack of 250 gives you 8 ingots, same as 1 heavy cannon ball. can this be fixed please?