UOA-Loop

This topic was beaten to death several years ago, but now things have changed with the new anti-cheat initiative & I can no longer find the older discussions. It is not one of the many notorious UO "scripts" that automatically plays the game for you. It simply loops a macro made with the approved program UOAssist. Even Mesanna was quoted in the past as using it. I have a stack of several thousand wools & cottons bales that needs to be spun. I am not going to sit there thousands of times clicking the same macro button. Also the UOAssist macro system is tedious to create or change long macros (say a 50x macro). So I basically sit there watching the piles accumulate.

@Kyronix Can we get an update on current policy regarding UOA-Loop as long as you are there watching the game screen?

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    If you use the EC you can hand edit the macro in your favorite editor.
    For example here are the macro commands to spin one cotton bale
                    <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="234356736" iconId="3576" targetType="Cursor" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
                    <UserAction type="WaitForTargetCursor" id="0" iconId="618" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5454" iconId="870154" targetType="Cursor" text="script HandleSingleLeftClkTarget( Interface.DefaultObject5 )" />
                    <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Cursor" delay="6.00" />

I copied it in the editor and pasted it 9 times. I set the macro to repeat 10 times.  Each time I click on the macro's button I get 100 bales of cotton to be spun.
  • TimSt said:
    If you use the EC you can hand edit the macro in your favorite editor.
    For example here are the macro commands to spin one cotton bale
                    <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="234356736" iconId="3576" targetType="Cursor" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
                    <UserAction type="WaitForTargetCursor" id="0" iconId="618" targetType="Cursor" />
                    <UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5454" iconId="870154" targetType="Cursor" text="script HandleSingleLeftClkTarget( Interface.DefaultObject5 )" />
                    <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Cursor" delay="6.00" />

I copied it in the editor and pasted it 9 times. I set the macro to repeat 10 times.  Each time I click on the macro's button I get 100 bales of cotton to be spun.
    yep, all you have to do is learn to love watching paint dry so you aren't afk macroing  :D
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited April 2019
    I was one of the people at the unscheduled M&G on LS when she said that in response to me saying the only thing I've used in quite sometime was UOLoop, she said "I use it too".

It had to do with a governor's election that had passed without anyone running, so the EM had to choose someone to fill the spot, and some people tried to accuse the EM of favoritism because their player didn't win.

Anyway, I assume it's ok to use as long as you're not unattended, (especially after Mesanna said she uses it as well)   That list of Approved third-party programs you're referring to should be updated and officially posted for everyone to see. Which, I expected to happen when @Mesanna & Team said in a newsletter that Multi-boxing will be actioned a couple years ago.

Once that's done, there would be no excuse (not that there are any legitimate excuses for it now (IMO)) for running any programs not listed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    ppl using all kinds of illegal scripts and programs, its officially uncontrolled as far as i can tell. PvP is just a big joke now b/c of the scripting and targeting
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Long before the dippy's misused uoloop it was one of the popular crafters tools.  It saved on keys wearing out and wrists getting carpel tummel. I'd like to see it returned for use. I'm getting old there kiddo... fingers hurt with so much pressing keys...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What are you crafting that you need UOLoop for 
  • Haddy_GHaddy_G Posts: 14
    Any gaming keyboard software can do the same and a much better job at it.  For example, Corsair K95 keyboard ICUE software works very well.  Granted these keyboards are not cheap.  I image the other keyboard manufacturers software works similar.