Parrots not displaying externally on character

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,108
Both clients,

Parrot takes up robe slot, so should display externally on char, only talisman slot is not displayed externally

(you'll have to make it disappear briefly when the flying animation is engaged) or move to talisman slot.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 1,226Moderator
    I believe the parrot is considered to be an epaulette, as such it will not be visible, as per the notes of publish 84

A new wearable, the Epaulette, is available and can be worn in the robe slot. These are meant to replace the robe so the rest of the armor remains visible. They can only be seen in the paper doll.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,108
    disappointing, they should make epaulette visible too
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited March 2019
    The fact that epaulettes can only be seen on the paperdoll is devs doing their (arguably usual) half-a-job. Them putting their half-a-job in writing doesn’t exactly make it okay. 

I didn’t actually notice that my epaulettes don’t display until reading this- now I’m on one.

i can see me getting booted from a meet and greet again. I’m already planning props, comprising of VvV epaulette and some Halloween deco of certain people’s heads on spikes. 

I’ll roll up with all my fellow men in epaulettes, Mesanna will have to exile me to Corsica. Vive la France! Vive la France!

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 766Dev
    This item displays only in the paper doll.  As for epaulettes they don’t display because players wanted an alternative to having to wear a robe which covers all armor, hence they only display on paperdoll.  
    edited March 2019
    An epaulette won’t cover up armour as it’s only a shoulder pad, I suspect you’re wrong about the players wanting it hidden.

edited March 2019
    seems you're correct, no need to change anything, as someone has voted to keep things the way they are:

• PawainPawain Posts: 2,794
    Mervyn said:
    An epaulette won’t cover up armour as it’s only a shoulder pad, I suspect you’re wrong about the players wanting it hidden.

Hell ya the epaulet would look great with a well built suit.

If showing the bird makes epaulets show then I could live with that. :) 

temp.bmp 201.4K