Incorrect desciption of damage increase on Warrior's Gifts & Stone form

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited March 2019 in Bugs
There are 2 types of damage bonus,
There's "damage increase" which is capped at 100 which is displayed on character status and affects base weapon damage,
And there's "damage modifier" which is capped at 300 which is not displayed on character status or reflected as base weapon damage, inspire and quivers correctly label their damage buffs as damage modifier.

Warrior's Gift buff reads
"+5% Damage increase" expected result to read "+5% Damage modifier"

Stone form buff reads:
"+X% Damage increase" expected result to read "+X% Damage Modifier"

As minor comments:
perfection buff reads "x% damage bonus" would maybe better to specify "X% damage modifier"
enemy of one buff reads "+X% damage" would maybe better to specify "+X% damage modifier"
consecrate weapon buff reads "damage bonus" would maybe better to specify "Damage modifier"

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2021
    "I'm not a programmer, so in my ignorance i thought this would be a simple correction of text, the game must be extremely complicated if correcting the word 'increase' to 'modifier' takes over 2 years, especially as they're both 8 characters long. I guess they're encountering some problems that we don't understand.
    Perhaps @Arroth_Thaiel could produce a fix with an EC UI?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2021
    There are so many threads on EC UI and errors such as the above.

We can just have one, solid thread where all EC users converge. And we petition, vote and push for the Dev to hire someone to update the UI on part-time basis. I don't think this is a budget issue.

It's plain ignorance.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “(This does effect classic client also)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2021
    I read somewhere that the Dev team is focusing more on CC in recent years. I am happy with them doing that since they are the only ones who can modify CC directly. CC does not have a user-customisable UI.

For EC UI, I think they can engage someone experienced to update it, so it does not affect their work on CC or Legacy Shard.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs