cannon duribility

I not sure about others thoughts but it might be nice to see cannon damage in the form of xx/100 or something to that effect instead of the generic of slightly damaged.  Would also be nice to be able to mouse over the helm of both friendly ships and enemy ships and see the hp of the ship xxxxx/100,000 etc.  that way you can know if you are damaging the target ship and by how much.  

But back to my first note the cannons taking damage from use / hits from enemy fire.  I do massive sea combat ever sense the high seas came out and it seems that the cannons take way to much damage way to fast and not just from being hit by enemy fire but just from firing them.  and i know its from firing them because ive shot at things that didnt have the ability to shoot back and have noticed the cannons taking massive damage hell ive even destroyed my own cannons before just firing them. 
i play sword fighters as well and the amount of repairs i have to do to my cannons in just insaine.  i can fight with the same sword for a week or more before i have to worry about repairing it.  and the cannons im having to fix like every 5-6 ships i scuttle even if i was able to get them in a position that they couldnt hit me with their cannons

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You are single handedly ruining this new update with your "ideas" as well as ruining this page with multiple posts like this one, instead of keeping them all in one thread.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • not to sure what point your trying to make here
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    That you're being more than a little ridiculous with your requests, and that you're creating a new thread every time you come up with a new idea, instead of using a single one to voice all of your "wants".
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • not to sure what point your trying to make here
    I think the material point being made is, perhaps you could consolidate your ideas and add them to the threads Kyronix dedicated to the new HS content instead of spamming the board with numerous threads. You might even consider reading what others have had to say about the new HS content they've been testing. Maybe make it a little less about you and a little more about the group effort being made to test these new and developing features.
  • Well just a note on my "requests" I am requesting very little. Like more cannon supplies ways to more easily to your ship and cannon damage.  make the cannons not take so much damage when you use them.  and add some new resources like frost wood and boards which is the only resource for general crafting.  

Most of my posting is not requests they are merely ideas that im putting up is just ideas that may be fun.  As for this being about me and to hell with the other players that cant be further from the truth.  The whole reason im making a separate posts is im trying to get other players to come in and look at them and say and post their ideas on things ive offered up or inspire other players post up their ideas for additions.  

the whole point of every new function that i suggest is to expand the High Seas content for the sole purpose of bring more players into the oceans to play.  Things to make people want to invest their time id doing the high seas.  and im not even limiting my self to pve either im putting in ideas for pvp as well.  Its all about the UO community and expanding this content to a level that will make the high seas addon just as popular as power scrolls have made doing champ spawns,  Cool pet turtle dragon which got such a good run for people when they were trying to get it,  The gold cu for encouraging tamers to farm them, The massive addition to the bod system for the crafters.  and so on

And yes i do make tuns of postings because when i get to work with beta stuff i take it as serous as i take my job its self.  And i see it as my job to find bugs and oddities and repeatedly test it so i can make a full report on the issue and what is causing it so it can be fixed.  And its my job to post ideas of new content as i think of it not because im wanting it for my self but im trying to get people involved in the process of giving ideas for what they would like or making additions to an idea i put up to expand that idea with their thoughts.  So no im not posting for me im posting to try and get others to step up and help make UO a game designed by the ideas of players for the players.

anyways i have some bugs to report so i should get to it.