Forum Moderator Performance

Just a civil discussion about the moderators on this forum and how well they do their job. Express your opinions and vote in the poll. I hope to get this thread to people at Broadsword as well as EA. If they close the thread it will still be telling. 
  1. Are the forum moderators doing their jobs correctly?39 votes
    1. No
      23.08%
    2. Yes
      76.92%
esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• Methinks someone musta got spanked...
  • GaugeGauge Posts: 6
    yep looks like someone doesnt like having their post acted on after doing or saying stuff they shouldnt

• They improved from "Closed" to "This is thread serves no purpose at this point.". I call it progress ^^
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I have no issue with forum performance.

I do have one concern. I noticed the name of one of the mods in game. This concerns me deeply since we must use our account names to log in. 

I'm not sure what information could be gathered or if this was an imposter but it gave me an uneasy feeling if someone were to go rogue.
  • You really do want a swat on your bum.   My goodness this will be trouble for you. Stop and be good if you can
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited February 2019
    The MODs do a fantastic job.  Keep up the good work.

IBL
    Wouldn't this be considered reopening a closed thread.
      https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3188/moderator-bias#latest
  • Urge said:

I do have one concern. I noticed the name of one of the mods in game. This concerns me deeply since we must use our account names to log in. 

You shouldn't be using a screenname that's the same as your account login.

UO has no unique naming requirement so hundreds of players could be running around with the  same names.
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited February 2019
    I've so far been quite impressed with the modding here.  Since I'm newly signed up I've had one moderator assist me with an error I created myself when I used an inactive account to sign in with.

I've seen the thread cleanups which to me seemed warranted.  No complaints there.

One for sure thing that I have noticed is that the same handful of posters tend to commandeer and derail threads with back & forth arguing.  On topic or not this usually devolves into personal attacks and the thread being closed.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Ikeelu said:
    Just a civil discussion about the moderators on this forum and how well they do their job. Express your opinions and vote in the poll. I hope to get this thread to people at Broadsword as well as EA. If they close the thread it will still be telling. 
    You would have been banned fron here and UO if I were a Moderator.  Count yourself lucky.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Urge said:

UO has no unique naming requirement so hundreds of players could be running around with the  same names.

My login is very much different.

For some reason I was expecting the mods here to be in house employees or GMs and not actual players. With the exception of Mesanna, very rarely have I ever seen a player with the same name as team members or GMs.

I was somewhat nervous about the possibility of players gaining access to login info. After all, we just had an issue of mistrust from an EM not long ago.

I was assured via inbox that no mod can see any login or personal information and that was in fact just a duplicate name.  

• Pawain said:
    Ikeelu said:
    You would have been banned fron here and UO if I were a Moderator.  Count yourself lucky.
    LOL.  Too funny.
  • In before the lock

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • It's not the moderators, it's the forum. No like buttons and stuff like that.
  • They do a fantastic job, they let some stuff go on for a bit to see where it will end up, and they shut some stuff down quickly depending on the subject matter.  I have seen them try to clean a thread up to keep it going before finally putting it to bed. overall i think they do their best to let us speak our mind, but eventually we as a group get too passionate with our replies and take it too far and they are forced to put and end to the bickering. seem to be nice folks.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• They're some of the better ones I have dealt with in my years on the Interwebs.
    Urge said:
    Urge said:

My login is very much different.

For some reason I was expecting the mods here to be in house employees or GMs and not actual players. With the exception of Mesanna, very rarely have I ever seen a player with the same name as team members or GMs.

I was somewhat nervous about the possibility of players gaining access to login info. After all, we just had an issue of mistrust from an EM not long ago.

I was assured via inbox that no mod can see any login or personal information and that was in fact just a duplicate name.  

I think you will find out that the MODs are employees of UO, maybe on the same line as EMs.  UO does not use volunteers.
  • Canceled_SubCanceled_Sub Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    The moderators of this forum rival governments of dictators, where they try to silence the critics.  That's a fact.  Most of the reason they shutdown a thread has nothing to do with forum rules, and everything to do with their opinion on the matter.

The truth is, most people are discussing this game on other forums who have a lighter, more freedom oriented approach.  Reddit, Stratics, and random forums have more users than this forum does.  That's because moderators won't let the debates carry out.

However, you cannot silence the critics, because we go elsewhere and share out thoughts, and reach more of a population than we would here.  

This game is being mismanaged by Broadsword.  Period.  EA needs to pull the contract and decide what the future of this game will be.  If they want to move forward, and aim for 1 million subscriptions like Runescape, they need to revisit most of the threads that have been shutdown on this forum.

That's it.  Good luck.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    (BLAH, BLAH, BLAH)

However, you cannot silence the critics, because we go elsewhere and share out thoughts, and reach more of a population than we would here.  

(BLAH, BLAH, BLAH)

OK, so go, NOW, & good riddance.

***WAVES***
    AMEN @Ivenor
  • They do a great job and its so good to have a  forum where we can read things positive and constructive and the trolling and out of topic garbage is removed for us. Its annoying to waste time on such things.
  • Put our moderators on Atlantic chat and clean that up too!
  • Yeah I had two grandsons wanting to play UO with the wife, but pulled them from the game after a few days, even help channel was awful
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    This thread has lived surprisingly longer than I thought it would. I didn't vote because I was never given a document explaining the moderators jobs, so I can't comment on whether they're being done "correctly" or not.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • It's a relief to have a forum that provides for contrary opinions to be expressed in a no flaming, no trolling allowed environment. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    The moderator's job is described in the terms of service.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited February 2019
    It's a relief to have a forum that provides for contrary opinions to be expressed in a no flaming, no trolling allowed environment. 

Clearly you must not read all the posts here.  More trolls and flames than in any UO Forum I read.
    Also see more bans here for expressing opinions.

There needs to be more bans tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    The bans are for the wrong people. 
  • @Ikeelu ; How much longer are you going to let this run before sending the results to Broadsword and EA?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo