POLL - Should the Castle Contest Deadline Be Extended?

As in title, with the addenda that some safeguard measures should be adopted to avoid "Land Grabbing".
  1. Should the Castle Contest Deadline be Extended?6 votes
    1. Yes! I was intentioned to participate but didn't find a spot for all the Sosaria GPs... :-(
      33.33%
    2. No! The contest is fair and square as it is, and you are a delusional paranoid.
      66.67%
    3. HECK NO!!! Some of those LGarbs were MINE, and were EXACTLY to keep out the whining Newbie like you!
        0.00%

Comments

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited January 2019
    Dude, seriously!  You've had almost two weeks to get in there and grab some land for yourself.  TC1 was wiped on Jan 18th.  You've waited until the very last day.

I looked back thru the Herald a full year and I could not find anywhere where the devs specifically told us we could drop a castle plot in Malas on TC1 so there is that.  Should have been a bigger louder announcement so people knew.

There are still spots.  Get in there and get one.  You have 10-15 hours to design something.  Get'er done.
  • If you want a spot.  I'll help you find one.  I got to get the kids from school first but I'll be back in 40-45 minutes.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2019
    If you want a spot.  I'll help you find one.  I got to get the kids from school first but I'll be back in 40-45 minutes.
    Hi!

Found one at last, thanks anyway for the offer. :)

Clearly this poll was semi-serious: normally ***I*** don't think at myself as "delusional paranoid" (can't guarantee about others poeple opinion, ça va sans dire... :D).

You are right about the "last minute" issue (I admitted it by myself in the other thread), but an idea that I like came to me only now, unfortunately: until today the only things I was able to think of were variations on the same old boring "Borg Cube" Theme.

These things said, the Land Grabbing IS a real problem IMO, and it made me waste some precious time for NO REASON at all beside somone greed/stupidity/whatever.

I.

• OK.  Glad you found a spot.  GL!
  • Its stated in the rules on the stone in Britain that it is one spot per account. Is that new ? Or is it still possible to use one account for several spots?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I logged on TC like 3 days after and my friend too and we both placed a castle in fel in 30 seconds. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Its stated in the rules on the stone in Britain that it is one spot per account. Is that new ? Or is it still possible to use one account for several spots
    That I don't know, but the point seems to me a little moot to me, as a not symbolic number of us die hard UO players have multiple paid accounts! :D

Now, were it written "one spot for each PLAYER, number of accounts holded irrelevant" it will have been more like it, IMO... ;)

I.
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:
    I logged on TC like 3 days after and my friend too and we both placed a castle in fel in 30 seconds. 
    I'm sure that THEN it was so, but that was not my point. My point was that AS NOW, at the contest end, I saw about one half of the plots claimed lay bare. Even considered the totally sensate objection at my rant posted on the other thread (design secrecy and whatnot) that percentage of undeveloped plot is, IMO, abnormal.
  • It says on the stone one "entry" per account.  You can place multiple plots per account on TC1.

They should maybe change that during a design contest.