What is your favorite thing to do solo?

What do you like to do the most and prefer to do alone in Ultima Online?

I like to kill the captains in Blackthorn’s Dungeon. I find it’s easiest solo as you can control the rebounding easier and agro less unwanted mobs. 
esdxWhere is the bank? 

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I actually played with 2 accounts concurrently with 2 computers.

Right hand MMO mouse for Sampire.
    Left hand is the keypad with thumb wheel from Razer and is for my bard mastery healer. Two computers I view only 1 screen at a time during the play, unless one die say due to Blood Oath and the other had to run off screen.

This is my way of playing solo  :D

Bear Corpse can do the real solo, he can play very well with sampire.

My favourite past time 
    Dark Father for new recipes
    Osiredon for Small Soulforge. Now stopped.
    Shadowguard for legendary items but I heard they are watered down

I think that is all, the only thing worth getting all time legendary items but none of them seem to give good ones these days. Some say level 7 chest but only tried 2 and results are not as good as Shadowguard.

So I just collect BODs and wait for the new High Sea now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Ohh where to begin...

First and foremost I love to re-design and re-decorate my homes...I am currently attempting a castle build on TC..HARD! but fun!

My Tamer:

Searching for new pets..colored Hiryu's and Cu's especially...I do a lot of *Old School* stuff like killing Blood Ele's with various pets....farming Centaurs for arrows, killing Dragons for hides and gems and working honesty.

My Sampire:

SPAWNS! I LOVE to solo spawns...MUCH more fun with friends, of course, but spawning is one of my favorite things so I tend to just spawn whenever...whether I finish them or not it doesn't matter.

My Crafter:

Fishing! SOO relaxing....I don't do BOD's anymore but I still collect them.

My Archer:

Pretty much anything! I do like to go down into the Underworld and just kill stuff or run trade orders because I like to just run around the lands, I find some interesting stuff out there!

I still find so much enjoyment in this game because there is just so much to do.

Larisa - nice.

Actually the other thing I enjoyed doing is playing pvp, try tactics and skills and gearing up. The more I die, the more I learn. I don't whine, insurance already takes care of almost everything we can't ask for more. pvp is still the best past time. Pvp is not PK.
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    I would like to learn to farm Cu Sidhes and be able to tame when I find one I want. I need to look into pet summoning balls. 

PvP is enjoyable, gets my heart racing. I just hate losing to unexpected gank, really puts a damper on any fun. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    @Seth I play with a Tartarus myself. I wouldn’t play without it. Good choice, I havent ventured to that level myself but it may be in my future. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    I actually played with 2 accounts concurrently with 2 computers.

Right hand MMO mouse for Sampire.
    Left hand is the keypad with thumb wheel from Razer and is for my bard mastery healer. Two computers I view only 1 screen at a time during the play, unless one die say due to Blood Oath and the other had to run off screen.

This is my way of playing solo  :D

Bear Corpse can do the real solo, he can play very well with sampire.

My favourite past time 
    Dark Father for new recipes
    Osiredon for Small Soulforge. Now stopped.
    Shadowguard for legendary items but I heard they are watered down

I think that is all, the only thing worth getting all time legendary items but none of them seem to give good ones these days. Some say level 7 chest but only tried 2 and results are not as good as Shadowguard.

So I just collect BODs and wait for the new High Sea now.

"So I just collect BODs and wait for the new High Sea now."

Is there a connection between waiting for High Seas "and" collecting BODs or are the 2 things unrelated ?

I mean, has it been mentioned that high Seas would be bringing some changes to BODs, perhaps ?

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    Larisa - nice.

Actually the other thing I enjoyed doing is playing pvp, try tactics and skills and gearing up. The more I die, the more I learn. I don't whine, insurance already takes care of almost everything we can't ask for more. pvp is still the best past time. Pvp is not PK.
    " insurance already takes care of almost everything we can't ask for more."

Well, while insurance certainly is a helper, it is not the only 1 issue that many players consider....

There is another factor which many players see as MUCH valuable to them.... their "time"....

If, working a spawn, for example, and spending a considerable time in doing that, they are then deprived of the rewards of that invested time by some raiders.... well.... while insurance might be of help in "toning down" the losses, the time spent working that spawn still has gone away, all done for NOTHING.....

Imagine if someone worked like an entire month of their life time working up some spawns, and systematically, 100% of the time they were to be deprived of the results of that invested month of their life time, wouldn't this player, all of a sudden result in their life having shortened of 1 month?

Time, to many, is the most valuable commodity there may be, being taken it away by others does not amuse them...

At least, that is how I see it.
    Ikeelu said:
    @ Seth I play with a Tartarus myself. I wouldn’t play without it. Good choice, I havent ventured to that level myself but it may be in my future. 
    I see, did you mean control one character with the Tartarus using right or left hand? 

The 2nd character is controlled with left hand and takes a while to get used. Using macros and the button combo the mage bard is pretty handy...
    popps said:
    "So I just collect BODs and wait for the new High Sea now."

Is there a connection between waiting for High Seas "and" collecting BODs or are the 2 things unrelated ?

I mean, has it been mentioned that high Seas would be bringing some changes to BODs, perhaps ?

Nope, I did not mean that, they are 2 different activities. I am not expecting new BODs for the high seas upgrade.
    popps said:
    " insurance already takes care of almost everything we can't ask for more."

Well, while insurance certainly is a helper, it is not the only 1 issue that many players consider....

There is another factor which many players see as MUCH valuable to them.... their "time"....

If, working a spawn, for example, and spending a considerable time in doing that, they are then deprived of the rewards of that invested time by some raiders.... well.... while insurance might be of help in "toning down" the losses, the time spent working that spawn still has gone away, all done for NOTHING.....

Imagine if someone worked like an entire month of their life time working up some spawns, and systematically, 100% of the time they were to be deprived of the results of that invested month of their life time, wouldn't this player, all of a sudden result in their life having shortened of 1 month?

Time, to many, is the most valuable commodity there may be, being taken it away by others does not amuse them...

At least, that is how I see it.
    Understand what you mean. I have also been robbed of my champ spawn rewards a few times because of rival guild raiding when I solo fight a champ.

It also happened to my fellow, former guild mates themselves. He plays PK and PvP war but when he play Rat spawn solo he was also raided by rival guilds. 

We are expecting these to happen. This is the design for the power scroll game, and we accepted the risk. Alternatively, players can farm Blackthorn, Shadowguard, Dark Father etc, and sell the arties for gold, and then buy the power scrolls from other players. It is not end game for us. 

Again, I know and feel the pain of lost time when champ spawn raids happen. i won't argue with you. Normally I can run away but the time is still lost and it is a pain.

But for me, I accepted this game design and it is what the PK does. I am not speaking for others who wants to change this.
  • I like to wander around and mark, do some BODs, a little gardening ... just hang basically. Someone ran into me a while back when I was just wandering around the Blighted Grove killing whipping vines. That was for the vines, really, for my house. But, then I got an invite to the the spawn there ... so that was fun.

Right now, I'm just stealthing around a dungeon, killing things that look at me wrong.

I tend to remake my characters every couple of months, so I drop a skill or two onto a soulstone and add another. One day, I'll find the PERFECT character for me LOL!
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com