A suggestion for next year's Artisan Festival

A suggestion for next year's Artisan Festival: Add an option to the context menu of the elf which when clicked on will say the number of points needed until the next stage of the holiday tree and how much time is left on the current tree before the festival moves to the next town.

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Maybe they might like to take into account that although we all want to help with the tree, we don't all have huge amounts of BODs or enjoy doing BODs. Even people with a crafter character don't all collect BODs, personally I just wouldn't have anywhere to store them. Some people don't even have a crafter so they have no way of helping out. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Your ideas simply help those that can't be bothered to assist with the festival, but want to reap the rewards. Adding these ideas simply helps those people, they can recall (gate on Siege) into town and know exactly when and where they can collect their "rewards", people should have to work for this. They shouldn't "know" when things are good or when they can go get their free stuff. Keep dropping bods until you get results, not "click a button and see how many more someone else has to do before YOU get your reward". 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Things that would help:

Let it be known now, that there will/won't be a festival in 2019.

And consider, seriously, on the shards not named Atlantic, dropping the points needed for final stage (star) by about 30%.  

Seems there have been fewer and fewer participants each year, don't break the back of the ones still involved.  
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    edited December 2018
    Things that would help:

Let it be known now, that there will/won't be a festival in 2019.
    there will be a festival next year, they have to finish out the collection.

items we haven't seen yet:

Lantern:  Virtue: Honesty (hand), compassion (heart),
                   Vice: Shame (broken shield), Wrong (scales)

Painting:  Virtue: Valor (sword), Spirituality (ankh)
                    Vice: Deceit (mask), Despise (axe)

Pillow:  Virtue:  Honor (chalice), Sacrifice (teardrop)
                 Vice:  Destard (skull), Hythloth (moon)

Sculpture:  Virtue:  Humility (crook), Justice (scales)
                      Vice:  Covetous (round circle), Pride (scepter)

(its the same items, repeated on all four objects)
    ===========================================

I'm just wondering if there will be a festival in 2020...
    and if they did what kind of objects would that be...

I think it would be cool if they did polar bears 
    like the valentine bears but holding vice and virtue items

or maybe an elf holding the vice and virtue items

• They need to just shift it to a point system like the current bods. Turn in a bods get points, redeem those points for Holiday rewards of your choice. With a reward if you contributed X amount of points to a tree before it became fully grown. Maybe .1% (25 Points). you know, More than a single iron bod.  

It's a nice thought about the community banding together to bring up the trees, but not really realistic for most of the servers. I think it was 120 Large val hammer bods per tree, x 20 servers  that's 2,400 Val Hammers worth of bods to complete a single tree on every server. x however many towns. Sounds reasonable. 
  • TimSt said:
    A suggestion for next year's Artisan Festival: Add an option to the context menu of the elf which when clicked on will say the number of points needed until the next stage of the holiday tree and how much time is left on the current tree before the festival moves to the next town.
    I totally agree with you.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    I don't think having a number would be a good thing but splitting the levels up for more feed back would be nice. For example rather than just going from decorated to having a star go decorated to it has lights to the lights are turned on to strings of popcorn then to the star. 

I would also like two other changes. I think rare but obtainable is good and promotes more players competing.
    1. Add a super rare shard specific item like a panting of the shard emblem once per tree. Not shard locked. Mark it like "Grand Prize Yew Pacific Craft Festival 2018." Wouldn't that be great to get and worth really cranking out the BODs. It would also promote play on the slower shards. Fewer player higher odd of getting that supper rare.
    2. At the moment everyone has each character drop some BODs on the elf so each get something (7 per account). I think each level should have a minimum to get a prize. The closer to a star the tree gets the lower the minimum. This would disincentive the players who just drop 10 BODs per character and leave it to the rest of us to get the tree up.