Major Qulity Assurance fail on publish 103

MervynMervyn Posts: 1,764
edited December 2018 in Bugs

I beleive @Misk1 is supposed to be head of quality assurance.

"The dress macro is not working as commissioned. The patch notes read:
The Dress macro equips all items stored within the corresponding Record Dress macro. For example, Dress -> Dress1 equips items saved in Record Dress -> Record Dress1. Item slots which are already occupied will be ignored."

The bold part is not working, so you can insta switch suits on both clients, this was specifically not supposed to happen. What is going on? This issue was highlighted prior to pub 103 going worldwide. What is the point of us testing things and telling you what is broken if you just ignore it?
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 193
    I understand this was already planned for whatever reasons but I hope to reconsider.

Keeping it as it is would be greatly appreciated. Not for pvp but pvm. 
    Given so many bugs and broken stuff, please focus on areas that are show stopper. This is not a show stopper. Players losing boats, for example, are serious  critical issue.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 1,764
    Please note, this thread was moved from General discussion forum to bug forum by a forum moderator. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PawainPawain Posts: 1,643
    I think 99% of the player base is happy with the dress macro as it is now.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 76
    Seems to be working just fine.  A great job by the devs with this change/upgrade to the cc!
    Pawain said:
    I think 99% of the player base is happy with the dress macro as it is now.
    Agreed, I prefer the way it was before the last change. But anyway since it was already done, I'd rather they keep it as it is now than to make it worse. The change was unnecessary in the first place. 
  • It was still supposed to be instantaneous suit swapping, with a timer on when you can do it again based on the number of items that are swapped.  
    edited December 2018
    I think 99% of dupers are also happy they can dupe. 

This is is a total game ruiner. Before it was just EC users abusing insta suit swaps, now everyone is. 

What is commisoned is commissioned. Anything else is unintended and should be resolved ASAP. This forum is troll heavy, none of the above comments have contributed a single bit to this thread. People who use exploits would naturally oppose a fix. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 1,643
    Calling someone able to switch suits is hardly and exploiter.  You can carry as many suits as you want. You can remove them piece by piece and replace if you want to. 

How is the developers creating a macro to do something you can do by hand an exploit.  If they did not want us to switch suits they would not allow you to remove items in the heat of battle.
    Another minor bug with dress macro on Classic client, if you're human and use morph earrings and some of your equipment is elven, the tunic doesn't get dressed (may be other items too however not all my equipment is elven only) and you need to dress a second time (after the mandatory delay), ideally it should equip the elven earrings first to enable everything to get equipped in one macro run.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 1,828
    TO: Who ever
    Subj: UO

We the UO DEVs have the right to do whatever we want to to UO because we own UO.  We will do our best to keep the general population happy and sorry if we always seam to offend one individual all the time but that is life.  Have a nice day.

V/R
    UO DEV Team.
    edited January 20
    Here is the thread where both Kyronix and Bleak described the intended requirement to undress.

@kyronix: "To be clear, the flow of the macro, in both clients, would look like this:

Undress -> 1s delay -> Dress -> delay at 1s per item -> Undress -> 1s delay -> Dress"

So, if I'm understanding right. You're wearing suit 1 - you swap to suit 2. 1 second to undress, 1 second to dress - and the big delay only comes in if you then decide to switch again, either to a 3rd suit or back to suit 1? 
    Correct"

Mervyn said:
    Another minor bug with dress macro on Classic client, if you're human and use morph earrings and some of your equipment is elven, the tunic doesn't get dressed (may be other items too however not all my equipment is elven only) and you need to dress a second time (after the mandatory delay), ideally it should equip the elven earrings first to enable everything to get equipped in one macro run.
    More info on this: slots robe, tunic, leggings, gorget, belt, and gloves do not get equipped, you then have to wait for the dress cooldown before you can dress them. 

They need to move earring equip to top of the list. 

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 33
    I think the dress maccro is fine like it is on CC , do not forget while dressing you cant perform any other object action , or any double click , so there is your 1s delay per piece downside .
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 127
    I thought it was worded like this. 
    Instantly Undress wIth a timer that is increased by 1s for every piece 
    Instantly Dress 

Can't Perform another redress until the timer is up. 

Swap 6 pieces of armor 6s before you can swap your whole suit again. 
    That is how i also read it. They hadn’t added any features to classic client for years and years. Then they add undress (which also exists on EC) but the macro is still currently obsolete as u can dress without undressing.

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 127
    Mervyn said:
    That is how i also read it. They hadn’t added any features to classic client for years and years. Then they add undress (which also exists on EC) but the macro is still currently obsolete as u can dress without undressing.
    Inherent in the dress is the undress though isn't it? It's just simultaneous.  
    no, not intended, see original post, they added undress as a separate action and macro. 

• HermioneHermione Posts: 51
    Mervyn said:

I beleive @ Misk1 is supposed to be head of quality assurance.

"The dress macro is not working as commissioned. The patch notes read:
    The Dress macro equips all items stored within the corresponding Record Dress macro. For example, Dress -> Dress1 equips items saved in Record Dress -> Record Dress1. Item slots which are already occupied will be ignored."

The bold part is not working, so you can insta switch suits on both clients, this was specifically not supposed to happen. What is going on? This issue was highlighted prior to pub 103 going worldwide. What is the point of us testing things and telling you what is broken if you just ignore it?
    Publish notes got changed 1 month after final publish (in secret), so this is deemed working as intended.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 1,828
    YES and TY for proving that the old item is indeed removed prior to the new item being placed.
    Swap
    an act, instance, or process of exchanging one thing for another
    to replace (one thing) with another (sometimes followed by out)
    an exchange
  • HermioneHermione Posts: 51
    To be fair, this thread was created prior to the change being made on January 4th. So at time of creation it was correct.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 764Moderator
    But now it is no longer relevant.
This discussion has been closed.