Classic Client Arm and Dress macro feedback and bugs

PodolakPodolak Posts: 13
edited November 2018 in Test Center
I assigned the "Insert" key as a hot key for a dress macro and it works but when I log out and log back in the macro disappears.  I set Shift-F7 and Shift-F8 as macros for dress1 and dress2 and they do not disappear on log off, only macros assigned to the Insert key disappear.

I record arm macros for my four arm slots and they work fine.  However, when I log out and log back in they are not saved and I need to re-record what is saved in each slot.  Ideally those values would be stored and if I want to change what is in those arm slots I can just re-record instead of having to record each slot on login.

The "delay" when dressing needs tweaking.  I understand the desire to put a delay in for suit swapping but when I die and hit a dress macro I can't perform any action for way too long.  I need to remember to mount up, open my backpack and arm my weapon THEN hit the dress macro.  I think there should be zero delay when dressing upon resurrecting.  The delay should only happen when switching suits.

The pop-box macro is working well from what I can tell.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I’ll do some tests when I have time but i think maybe macros not saving on insert and other keys around that area is not exclusive to any particular macro. I’ve always only been able to save macros on uo-assist on some keys, i’ll do some tests and publish the results. It may be an issue exclusive to non US keyboards. Do you have a US keyboard or another regional keyboard?

As for not being able to get dressed after ressing, this issue was supposed to have been fixed last maintenance cycle. Again i’ll do further tests. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Mervyn, appreciate you testing to see what happens for you too.  Actually some of my write-up was from a few days ago I just finally got time to make the post.  I did test the Insert key and the arm macro saving today so that is still valid.  When I get on tonight I'll test the delay after rez-re-dressing.

I have a US Keyboard.  I have never assigned Insert to a UO macro prior to today, it was always reserved for UOA macros.  I just initially used what UOA used for a dress macro in my testing.  Thanks for inputting. 
    edited November 2018
    I have conducted some tests and confirmed that the following macro keys will not save after log out (for any macro) mine is a UK regional setting keyboard:
    insert
    delete
    home
    end
    pgup
    pgdown
    enter(numberpad)
    /(numberpad)
    *(numberpad)
    -(numberpad)
    +(numberpad)
    .(numberpad)

I should note that numbers 0-9 on the numberpad do actually save.

This has probably been the case for years however was not an issue before as people used uoassist or non legal equivelent to create macros for these keys, however with the introduction of the new macros in classic client, it is now presenting as an issue.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• I tested the dress macro after death and there was no delay, it worked perfectly.  I hit my dress macro then my arm macro, then my mount macro and also was able to open my backpack. 

Saving Arm1-4 after log-off is still an issue. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Podolak said:
    I tested the dress macro after death and there was no delay, it worked perfectly.  I hit my dress macro then my arm macro, then my mount macro and also was able to open my backpack. 

Saving Arm1-4 after log-off is still an issue. 

are you doing this on test center or on your regular shard?
    I didn't have a problem with that last night, but today I logged in they are all deleted from my macros list... very odd that it saved it last night but is gone today
    Same on prodo