New Castle & Keep Prices

I don't understand the price structure of the new castles and keeps.  We were told it would be based on the tiles uses, which makes sense, since when you design an 18x18 the cost is based on how many tiles you use.  I just built a new Keep on TC 1 and the cost to commit is was 943K, which was based on how many tiles I used.  @Kyronix @Mesanna why would the new ones available on Production today be 25-30 times more than it cost to build it on test when building it was cost per tile?

Comments

• Some tiles cost more than others...

And they said it was sposed to be a gold sink like everyone keeps hollerin' for
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    the cost was lot higher when they first priced them, so the current cost is much better. And it is worth it to have so much more space.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Just because they lowered it from an extremely high 300M to 30-40M does not mean it's worth it.  You are not getting any more space with the new designs than you had with the original ones, in fact is some cases you're getting less useable space than we currently have.  3-4M would be more in line with what the current customizable homes are and even that is a higher per tile rate than it should be.  Not sure where they got the Tile Cost but it doesn't reflect what's on TC1 now nor what it was when we had the contest.  If I remember correctly it cost about 2M for my castle design when I created it.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Castles and Keeps were, when I started playing, special. Something to aspire to and save for.  It is my opinion (rightly or wrongly) that the pricing of these new versions is done with the aim of re-establishing that special-ness.

Yes, the rares traders and other 'elite' types can afford multitudes of them with their banks full of 'platinum'. But for regular players who don't trade rares, buy gold or indulge in other, what might be called 'non-playing acquisition of wealth'; who get their gold from playing the regular game content, they are a special, big purchase, just as they used to be - as they should be.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    ZekeTerra said:
    Just because they lowered it from an extremely high 300M to 30-40M does not mean it's worth it.  You are not getting any more space with the new designs than you had with the original ones, in fact is some cases you're getting less useable space than we currently have. 
    the original castle I only put up a few walls to divide the first floor middle room & small pieces to make the edge flat on the west & east walls. I did make one complete floor above using pavers...
    Every available space surrounding all my deco (cabinets, deeded items,etc) I had placed white or red gazas for my Northpole theme.... 

After changing to Queen Elsa's design I have all items out on the floors already. I have been having to make about 200 additional gaza mats to finish out the look. And I am loving the fact that I can put out more deco than I could before.

So yes it does have more floor space than the original. And for me, that is worth the gold I spent on it... 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    The contest of Keeps

On the morning that they wiped TC1 I was ready and jumped there with two accounts quickly claim two locations.  

I was disappointed that we could not place a normal Keep and edit the walls, but a empty plot to build on.  

Now I could have tried to build that normal keep, but quickly gave up on the idea and just put what I will call a crappy showing, I submitted them and walked away.  Don’t bother voting for them, good luck to all the other players.

I will keep mine Keeps as they are and will continue to hope that one day they allow us to do a DIY.  All I wanted was to move a wall make access to blocked areas.  Not have a complete makeover.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598