Testing Khaldun

so I’ve tested some of this Khaldun content and have found some issues. 
The Khaldun tasty treats don’t apply anything to the pets. My nightmare did no damage to anything. Didn’t take any either. 
They are also only able to be fed to meat eating pets. Tried to feed one to my Cu and it gave me a message like if i tried to feed it a chicken. 

If anything is supposed to be done with polished meteorites I can’t find it. Even with 100 arms lore the message you get is the same. 
I did see how to craft the weapons. My question is that the creatures are so powerful can they be reformed with the Caddelite Infused Tag on them? Wasn’t able to try, didn’t have enough time. 

Also on polish meteorites, not sure if intended or my luck with RNG but I went through almost 65 meteorites before I finally got a polished. 

The bandi belt looks cool but don’t have a dexxer copied yet to test and the mask is pointless useless in PVM so I won’t be even testing it. 

Comments

• Reforged *
  • Caddelite spellbook crafting stopped at this point: You can also find caddelite bark fragments but when making wood pulps for maybe caddelite blank scrolls you get nothing than the normal ones. Seems to be also bugged.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• psychopsycho Posts: 290
    edited September 2018
    Its OK if this publish get postponded to get it right.
    I rather enjoy smooth content with no bugs and flaws than rushed out content that doesnt work, have bugs and flaws.

Quality is important and flawless content is something I put very high in priority.
    Thanks
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I keep my fingers crossed that there will be a High Seas update, which to me seems like a very simple one to add. They're still crossed but starting to lose circulation and feeling.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    Caddelite spellbook crafting stopped at this point: You can also find caddelite bark fragments but when making wood pulps for maybe caddelite blank scrolls you get nothing than the normal ones. Seems to be also bugged. 
    you have to use water from there
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Why do I have to have infused weapons, books or treats to fight in Khaldun?  What was wrong with the way we did it with Doom, Eodon KOTL, Islh Sorcerers Dungeon; we go in fight, fight, fight.  So now I have to waste my time to get Caddellite (raw materials that can be obtained) via mining, lumberjacking, and fishing.

Caddellite Crafting can only be performed at the Khaldun Camp site?  Again why?  Khaldun has always been my LEAST FAVORITE Dungeon.   I hate that place.  How about you turn on all the dungeons above while this is going on and let us get drops in all of them and let us turn all of them in for the rewards.  Of the stuff, I see the belt is the only one I would like to get.

?  Why
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    does my bard need instruments made from caddellite as well?? how exactly do you earn points??
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    so I’ve tested some of this Khaldun content and have found some issues. 
    The Khaldun tasty treats don’t apply anything to the pets. My nightmare did no damage to anything. Didn’t take any either. 
    They are also only able to be fed to meat eating pets. Tried to feed one to my Cu and it gave me a message like if i tried to feed it a chicken. 

The bandi belt looks cool but don’t have a dexxer copied yet to test and the mask is pointless useless in PVM so I won’t be even testing it. 
    There are a couple issues with tasty treats, Kyronix was nice enough to sort through them with us yesterday.

1. Make sure you are using caddellite infused fish to craft them.  cook them at the grill outside of Khaldun, do not cook them at the fire pit.   If the tasty treat does not say "caddellite infused" you managed to craft the bug version.

2. bandi belt, tamers with vet also.  I've tested this, worked wonderfully. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 893
    edited September 2018
    The spell-book from the turn-in:
    Cultist’s Ritual Tome
    • Magery Spellbook
    • Caddellite Infused
    • DCI 5%
    • SDI 25%
    • FCR 2
    • LMC 4%
    I chose one last night on TC1 it had 'Repond Slayer' on it,  but I only had enough points to choose one as I also tested the other items, but I'm assuming <random slayer> or <random super slayer> should be added to the list of properties in the notes, adds some value to the item.

It is displayed on the item within the menu though.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,042
    edited September 2018
    CovenantX said:
    The spell-book from the turn-in:
    Cultist’s Ritual Tome
    • Magery Spellbook
    • Caddellite Infused
    • DCI 5%
    • SDI 25%
    • FCR 2
    • LMC 4%
    I chose one last night on TC1 it had 'Repond Slayer' on it,  but I only had enough points to choose one as I also tested the other items, but I'm assuming <random slayer> or <random super slayer> should be added to the list of properties in the notes, adds some value to the item.

It is displayed on the item within the menu though.

Those will work if you get the right slayer. They are a <damage copy of the invasion books.  I have my rings that i made for the last slayer book drops.  

I got a dragon, gargoyle, and ophidian slayer.   
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I'm maybe either to blond (silly) or we have still bugs in caddelite infused tool crafting. First of all: why have this enourmous cost of over 100.000 gold be to buy the resource tools from the tinker? I did not not have masses of platinium in my bankbox. I want to have some fun and some relax feeling by playing and I'm afraid we get another grind-fest here.

I tested miner and lumberjack resource tool - hatchet and pickaxe - both give caddelite infuse resourses. If melting or cutting them you also get caddelite infuse iron and wood.
    caddelite iron could be tinkered to caddelite slegde hammer for blacksmith and than also caddelite weapons could be crafted - i did a katana. So far so good -caddelite wood could be crafted to nothing ??? None into caddelite wood tools for wood weapons - clubs, staffs etc. ???
    Lumberjacking also works to get caddelite bark fragments. A cook could make this to wood pulp and this into blank scrolls for inscribing spellbooks -I got no caddelite wood pulps nor I see caddelite water to use to make it. Creating the scribe tool have also no caddelite infused info - also the skillet. Plz take an overview - seems to be bugged.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

Lumberjacking also works to get caddelite bark fragments. A cook could make this to wood pulp and this into blank scrolls for inscribing spellbooks -I got no caddelite wood pulps nor I see caddelite water to use to make it. Creating the scribe tool have also no caddelite infused info - also the skillet. Plz take an overview - seems to be bugged.

buy an empty pitcher & fill it with water from the lost lands, inside the first tent there is a grill...
    make the caddelite wood pulp there(bark fragments are from chopping wood in the lost lands). and the next tent (mage tent) make the scrolls there & then craft the spell book...

Khaldun tasty treats... fish up about 10 fish (west of the area is a creek), takes 40 fish steak each with 80% chance to make... I made 3 out of 100 caddelite raw fish steak. its on the skillet under Baked menu
  • i do this the whole time with that water ;) - for me this is bugged.

• tried this even with a second char - and got again only normally wood pulp - so for me this is bugged .

someone said not to stand too close to the grill (not sure why)
    are the bark fragments you are using infused?
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    So I'm just poking around Khaldun on my thief, playing with the puzzle chests (haven't actually found any "hidden" chests yet?)

I think it's worth noting that of the ~20 puzzle chests I've opened, I've only been able to access the contents of 2. I feel that how the chests spawn in Khaldun should be looked at. They for the most part seem to spawn I guess too high (in the air?) to access? Or on top of deco (like bone piles, etc) that makes them unreachable in terms of looting.
  • @Cinderella - the barks are infused - i fill the pitcher with water from the water tough and i get  n o r m a l   wood pulp -

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    Faeryl said:
    So I'm just poking around Khaldun on my thief, playing with the puzzle chests (haven't actually found any "hidden" chests yet?)

I think it's worth noting that of the ~20 puzzle chests I've opened, I've only been able to access the contents of 2. I feel that how the chests spawn in Khaldun should be looked at. They for the most part seem to spawn I guess too high (in the air?) to access? Or on top of deco (like bone piles, etc) that makes them unreachable in terms of looting.
    The hidden chests don't appear to be re-setting. I deliberately stood next to two of the revealed chests while the server went down.  When it came back up they were still there.
    I have opened a few puzzle chests - mostly I'm too late and someone opened them before me. I've gotten one painting.  Older regular chests in there I get the message 'that is secure'.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    Khaldun is problematic for a global event just because you cant rez there.  at all.
    Not true.  I have rezed inside with a gem of salvation, and just like the other Halloween events, the trader guy at the entrance will rez.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    The hidden chests don't appear to be re-setting. I deliberately stood next to two of the revealed chests while the server went down.  When it came back up they were still there.
    I have opened a few puzzle chests - mostly I'm too late and someone opened them before me. I've gotten one painting.  Older regular chests in there I get the message 'that is secure'.
    That explains why I haven't found hidden chests... But as for the puzzle chests, it's not a matter of them having been opened before me, it's that no matter what I try to remove from the chests, 98% of the time I get "you cannot reach that". So I can open them, but not loot.

I've gotten a painting, and seen the counterfeit platinum, but couldn't get it out of the chest.
    Faeryl said:
    That explains why I haven't found hidden chests... But as for the puzzle chests, it's not a matter of them having been opened before me, it's that no matter what I try to remove from the chests, 98% of the time I get "you cannot reach that". So I can open them, but not loot.

I've gotten a painting, and seen the counterfeit platinum, but couldn't get it out of the chest.
    As far as I can work out, only the old, original, khaldun puzzle chests are working, nothing can be removed from any chests added for the event.  I can reach them, you can step up onto those ledges where they are, but it doesn't help.  I have succesfully looted, one chest by the harrower, one dark blue chest in a corner surrounded by coffins East side of the champ spawn and two red chests far south edge past the champ spawn. Also the red box in the secret area. The only picture I found was while I was under the influence of the luck statue. I think my thief needs more luck on her suit.

I think I'll leave this part of testing till these are fixed. I have made a caddelite infused scrappers compendium which I plan to try out on the spawn next.
  • easy fix just make the trough of water infused and be done with all the confusion enough puzzle mind busters as is