Dismiss the death penalty of pets..

MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
With the new changes with pvp vs pets - is it time to dismiss the penalty when a pet dies?

I wish to see it gone - as many of the skills take hrs to raise back for training it up again, and is ruining lot of the gametime.

Comments

• XareXare Posts: 124
    Wow. 0.1 per death in all skills is a lot. 
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    pfft
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    What would be the point? People just abuse logging the pet out anyways.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    Did you know, that it used to be i think 2.0% when someone other than yourself ressed it, and 1.0% when you ressed it, so they have already reduced it. If pets didn't lose skill when they died, there is literally no penalty for death. I think they should put it back to 2.0% and 1.0% now that they have introduced Whispering.

And yes they obviously need to fix the pet logging abuse.

I would also like to add that polling tells us nothing, let us say that 100% of people voted yes. And the crowd yelled to free BARABBAS!
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2018
    So 6 people actually enjoy the loss of a pets skill points ? lol  whatever . Whenever I read a poll that I'm actually not interested in, I do the right thing and I don't vote on it. Some of you people need to think about that.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited July 2018
    people don't enjoy losing, but games require the possibility of loss in order to feel that you have won or achieved something. That is what a game is.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Mervyn said:
    Did you know, that it used to be i think 2.0% when someone other than yourself ressed it, and 1.0% when you ressed it, so they have already reduced it. If pets didn't lose skill when they died, there is literally no penalty for death. I think they should put it back to 2.0% and 1.0% now that they have introduced Whispering.
    uhh no.  Just no.  Please don't waste everyone's time with your misconceptions.
    edited July 2018
    I did prefix it with "i think" How much did it used to be then? whatever it used to be, it was more than 0.1%

No?

Its always been 0.1% if you res your own pet.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    yea, pets actually had the possibility of dying before the pet revamp though... now they're able to be kept alive against literally anything.... easily.

Personally, I don't think the devs should waste their time changing things such as this.

The -0.1 skill literally means 0% difference in effectiveness when it comes to pets. The user cannot tell the difference in a pets performance.

The -0.1 skill usually is re-trained on the pet that has lost it within the first 30-60 seconds of fighting things anyway.

Hence the change wouldn't make a difference, thus it's irrelevant.

There are more important issues that need to be fixed in UO.

Attracting Players
    Duping
    Cheating
    Gold Inflation
    and Balancing loot quality & distribution between all low, mid, high-end mobs & bosses/peerless'

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    What happened to the poll?

I miss the old days when pets stayed dead.
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    I don't think the poll went the OPs way.cobb said:
    What happened to the poll?

I miss the old days when pets stayed dead.

Does anyone else remember when the pet died it took 1.0 skills? Or am I experiencing the Mandela effect?

The patch archives did not state the amount of skill a pet loses.