The Piper prevented from turning into rat

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited March 2019 in Bugs
the bug I experience is: just opening the polymorph/animal form gump (even with 0 magery skill) and keeping the gump open (and dragging it out of the way) prevents the Piper from turning you into a rat.

expected result: would need to successfully polymorph/animal form in order to prevent from being turned into a rat.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Actually, it is only polymorph that is not behaving correctly.

Animal form you must successfully cast the spell first before the gump appears and the gump correctly has a limited timer on it.

With Polymorph you're presented with a gump without a time limit before successfully casting the spell.

Expected result for polymorph to behave as animal form.

Apologies for the racist thread title, this was written back when it was acceptable.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• It work that way since hm 2005? Its a well know glitch, i don't think its an exploit. But if its intended or not is up to the devs.

If change the pvp guys will cry a lot hehe
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    hmm shouldn't do, mages will still be able to actually fully cast polymorph, sampires will remain in vampiric embrace, necros will remain in wraith form, weavers can go in tree form, mystics can go in stone form, for everyone else hitting it there's savage kin paint.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    I like going into rat form.  What is the disadvantage?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.