cant mount at shadowguard

PaladinBobPaladinBob Posts: 52
This a change or a bug?

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited July 2023
    This a change or a bug?
    Seems like a stealth change that went in to Heartwood and other dungeons also.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Can you mount in regular dungeons?  Especially fel?
  • PaladinBobPaladinBob Posts: 52
    other dungeons?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "interesting,
    you can ride a mount into heartwood, only can't remount when you get off it,

maybe they doing some nice cool changes and this is just some pre publish stuff
    hopefully will include all cities and dungeons, (and memorial area)

i always found it weird that you could barge a horse through any shop door and the shopkeeper not bat an eyelid...

haven't found anywhere else in fel other than heatwood so far"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    This is a bug, moving this to bug section. Yomotsu mines is another location affected. Bleak aware.
    edited July 2023
    "that's a shame,

thought they might be making some nice positive changes

if you couldn't mount in dungeons would mix things up a little, would be less advantage to those using faster Frame Per Second client,
    and would be good for tamers who use non mountable pets, as currently they are not really used in PvP, can't remember the last time someone set a White Wyrm on me.

and good for role play in cities

also, i think that is how more popular unofficial shards do things

We thought they were finally going to be doing something right and cool, turns out to be an accident go figure lol, speaks for itself"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    they are probably messing around with the Idocs / house placement. as people use ethereal mounts to trick placement
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    fix 1 thing, break 10 others
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    Perfect example of something that should be communicated by the Dev team.

Was this something that was a result of the IDOC change or are they working on other stuff? I do not think there should be any stealth fixes given that the code is so tangled it might impact another aspect of the game.
    edited July 2023
    “perhaps i should've kep my big mouth shut,
    and not posted about how the script worked and the mistake they made

cos i personally don't care about trammel idocs/house placement

but nobody ever going to thank me"
  • looploop Posts: 309
    keven2002 said:

Was this something that was a result of the IDOC change or are they working on other stuff? I do not think there should be any stealth fixes given that the code is so tangled it might impact another aspect of the game.
    To play devil’s advocate, it’s reasonable that they wouldn’t announce changes concerning exploits/scripting so as not to advertise or attract greater attention to behavior they don’t want to encourage.
    loop said:
    keven2002 said:

To play devil’s advocate, it’s reasonable that they wouldn’t announce changes concerning exploits/scripting so as not to advertise or attract greater attention to behavior they don’t want to encourage.
    They can test stuff themselves or have testers with NDA 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited July 2023
    Mage rides an ethereal mount.  Mage can’t survive long on foot because mage can’t melee. If mage cannot ride an ethereal mount in a dungeon, think that might be the last straw.  Suggest this be fixed if it is broken.  Have wondered for a long time if anyone on the UO staff understands or cares about the concept of quality control.  Have not experienced this problem yet so these are just my thoughts on this issue.  I have put up with all the things that don’t work properly because I feel that’s just the way it is and I can work around most of them, but this would be just one to many.
    “Why you need to ride a mount at Luna bank please?”
    Being mounted not necessary at roof and pets not allowed at underwater 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Grimbeard said:
    You cant mount an ethy either.  So we have to walk all the way thru Yamitsu mines if you got off your pet to use it or got off your ethy.  Why is this needed?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Since I know you have no idea where this affects using a pet  or what you are talking about,  What places now do not let you mount a pet or ethy  anymore?  Fountain of knowledge. Some are places where you can tame mountable pets. Which makes this a very stupid change.  Opps I gave away some places.
    Makes a neat way to put 100s of pets in your stable tho for a shard transfer.
    Suddenly something affects you and it's bad?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    This appears to be either fixed, or reverted. I have just mounted my pet in Yomotsu mine, Shadowguard foyer and Heartwood.
    In fairness, I wouldn't have expected a change to IDOCs in the open world, or housing server to have an effect in a select few unrelated dungeon areas. Hindsight is a marvelous thing.
    Grimbeard said:
    Suddenly something affects you and it's bad?
    Actually it would cause many pet related exploits of they kept it that way.  I was fine with the accidental change.