urgent bug to fix with auction safe

i just sold 3 items on auction safe for total of 2.750 plats and only received like 400 mils in my bank...another friend sold something same result no money in bank

@Kyronix

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Taxes? I would email @Mesanna although she hasn't been responsive as of late
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    You and your friend should put an item for 1 Plat and buy each others. So you can verify if the buyer charge is correct and how much you each get.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Pawain said:
    You and your friend should put an item for 1 Plat and buy each others. So you can verify if the buyer charge is correct and how much you each get.
    when you put something in a 60 minutes auction there is no fee on auction safe
    edited January 2023
    Fortis said:
    Pawain said:
    when you put something in a 60 minutes auction there is no fee on auction safe
    Only way to verify it is to do a controlled test.

Give me 2 plats and 2 auction safes and Ill test it,  Pretty easy when your balance is in the 100Ms.
    You needed you 7k post or what...please go troll another thread...it s a serious bug alreaby been reaching out...they probably looking on it
    Nice a 7k Party!  Thanks for noticing!

Sorry you dont want to test by doing a simple sale to a friend. Don't get mad at me.
  • maybe test it on test shard? that way you will not be out 1p if it doesnt work
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited January 2023
    Pawain said:
    Nice a 7k Party!  Thanks for noticing!

Sorry you dont want to test by doing a simple sale to a friend. Don't get mad at me.
    I'll wait until next week for the 10K extravaganza.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Fortis said:
    You needed you 7k post or what...please go troll another thread...it s a serious bug alreaby been reaching out...they probably looking on it
    I really don't care much for him either but he is right on this.

If you can't duplicate the situation they won't know how to fix it. 
    Urge said:
    Fortis said:

Isn't it thier job to reproduce and fix bugs?  
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Grimbeard said:
    Urge said:
    Fortis said:

Yeah and no? Players attack from all angles looking for exploits devs wouldn't think of. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Urge said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Urge said:
    Fortis said:

Yeah and no? Players attack from all angles looking for exploits devs wouldn't think of. 

Also - how many times have we seen someone immediately run to the forums to say "XYZ is broken" without any real details for it to eventually come out after a day or 2 of others asking how to replicate that the person made a mistake or overlooked something. I've also seen people post that there is some kind of bug when their initial intent of what they were doing was to basically cheat and the side effect from that is possibly breaks something.

This might be an actual bug but without any real step by step details or some confirmation on how to reproduce what do we expect the Devs to do? Go down a rabbit hole on something that may or may not be an issue? 
    keven2002 said:
    Urge said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Urge said:
    Fortis said:

Also - how many times have we seen someone immediately run to the forums to say "XYZ is broken" without any real details for it to eventually come out after a day or 2 of others asking how to replicate that the person made a mistake or overlooked something. I've also seen people post that there is some kind of bug when their initial intent of what they were doing was to basically cheat and the side effect from that is possibly breaks something.

This might be an actual bug but without any real step by step details or some confirmation on how to reproduce what do we expect the Devs to do? Go down a rabbit hole on something that may or may not be an issue? 
    I don't think the OP had issues with the developers i think he had issues with Pawain and his pom poms
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    The problem here is not enough information.

Did you have a buy it now price? Is that how it sold? If so, no matter how long the auction is, there is a 5% fee.

Did you type the dollar amount in correctly?

Etc. etc.  I have used auction safes for a very long time and never had any issues, and I think if anyone else had, we would have heard about it by now?

Not saying the OP isn't telling the true, but more information is needed.

Assuming the OP didn't send details to developers isn't good maybe they just posted here to alert others 
    my auction was auto renew 60 minutes and yes price was right you can still see the buyer and the info on auction safe...there was no buy it now option and the tiem was there for months on auto renew....and yes im talking to other big seller and it happens to others they make complaint already to gm or devs team....sadly not many people come here to this forum.
    item was a real lieutenant sash and a singing ball and a ethy tiger and yes i have picture
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Someone paid 2.75 P for THOSE three items??? Sounds like they overpaid ROFL.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Interesting. Still not a ton of details for me to make a determination if it's a big or not (maybe it is) but from what I can see, it seems like the OP was trying to use a loophole to avoid paying any fees by using a 60min auction over the course of many months. 

So what possibly happened is that there is something in there that a fresh auction gives 0 fees but continued renewal might eventually start adding fees (but are hidden). If it renews every hour for 23 hours a day (1 hour went to maintenance), that's 690 auctions in a month multiplied however many months that happened. I don't know enough about auction safes to know what the fees are and if they possibly accumulate or increase after a certain time but that might be part of the problem. It is possible that by trying to exploit that zero fee loophole, there might have been unintended consequences given the long period of time the items were on auction for (even though it was a 60min timer). 
    why you talking about exploit there is not...
    @Smoot ; Are your safes working correctly?
    KHAN said:
    Someone paid 2.75 P for THOSE three items??? Sounds like they overpaid ROFL.
    another useless post congrats you such good to helping to solve a problem for the community...i guess why 80% of the players base dont come to uo forum sadly. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "OP tells me item was on sale for a long time, auto renew,

my first thought was user error and OP must've listed items for less than they thought, but one item is real LT sash, if it was erroneously listed for anything less than 1 plat, it would've sold fairly instantly, certainly if it was listed at only 400 mill or less, 

there was actually an unscheduled server maintenance on Atlantic very recently, Mesanna said servers are being backed up and will go down for 30 mins, it's possible something happened in this window to cause the auction amount error. That is my best guess at this stage. 

I recently purchased a bok from a safe for 900 mill and for sure all the funds went from my account and it turned out i knew the purchaser and he didn't report any issue to me, (but he prob wouldn't even notice 900 mill in/out of his account.) "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    i only received the money for the 350 mils items
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2023
    "something fishy, same person bought all 3 items hmm, in window of 10 mins"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited January 2023
    That's a concerning bug if this happened to others also. Don't the devs have some kind of tools to let them see the bank balances exact time stamps of both buyer and seller? Or any way to see if or where the gold missing went
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited January 2023
    I'm going to lock this to avoid further trolling. Please ensure that all details have been submitted on a bug report feedback form as detailed in the support pages

Bug reports regarding all shards, including a test center can be mailed to bugs@ultimaonline.com, or by filling out the Contact Form. Please include important information, such as the time, date, shard of the occurrence, the steps that caused the bug, and whether or not it was repeatable.

https://uo.com/support/

re-opened to allow  Fortis to add information.

I just want to say to the gms and the devs they did a good job and i got my money back...i cant say if the problem is really fixed or not but i wish so. 

thank you
  • Fortis said:
    I just want to say to the gms and the devs they did a good job and i got my money back...i cant say if the problem is really fixed or not but i wish so. 

thank you
    Did they give you any information on what happened?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Fortis said:

thank you
    Did they give you any information on what happened?

no but another friend got is money back to.
This discussion has been closed.