Housing Container Glitch - Lost Items?

looploop Posts: 301
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
I experienced a weird thing yesterday, and I'm wondering if others did as well:

I had a chest with five filled single use soulstone fragments, but I couldn't find them. The chest I was certain had them was showing 0 items. After scouring my house for a time, I figured maybe I had somehow mistakenly trashed the chest or released the chest without locking it back down. I was bummed, but the skills in the soulstones weren't super important. I put a few dozen bracelets in the chest for storage.

Today I logged back on and went back to the chest. I now see the soulstones I thought I had misplaced or trashed, but I'm missing the jewels I had stored. Nothing in my moving crate.

Anyone else experience anything weird?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    There's a well known issue with backpack items "disappearing " not acknowledged by developers of course and certainly not fixed log out and back in 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    “Loop, could you tell us what lock downs are on the floors directly above or below?
    is there a fountain of life?”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • looploop Posts: 301
    My house is basically empty except for the first floor. This chest was a secured one on top of another secured one. I do not have a lot of interesting items in terms of storage or utility, except for 3 mostly full jewelry boxes, a jawbone, a crystal portal, and the shrine teleporter.

Yesterday I also observed that single use unfilled soulstones that had been redeemed were briefly no longer showing up on Atlantic VS. Unless I accidentally had a price range filter on, I found it weird.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Should page a GM to check your house.

I once bought a house that ate items and containers because the lockdowns became bugged. A GM can check and fix this. 
    Urge said:
    Should page a GM to check your house.

I once bought a house that ate items and containers because the lockdowns became bugged. A GM can check and fix this. 
    I paged a GM, and the reply I got was what I expected: "We are unable to confirm or deny any kind of bug that may have happened." This leads me to believe:
    1. The internal tools to assist with such an investigation don't exist.
    2. The tools do exist, but the GMs do not use them as a matter of policy or because they do not have access to them.
    I highly doubt #1 is true. I can understand #2 from a cost/benefit and risk assessment perspective for a small team. Giving customer support access to such tools might invite vectors for corruption or exploitation, would require technical expertise, and would bog the team down in situations for which there is no good conclusion. "Yeah, there was a bug that resulted in the loss of items, but we're not going to restore them anyway".

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I lost only a few dozen legendary bracelets :(.
    edited September 2022
    Wait until shift change and page again.

In these words ask if a GM could check your house for possible bugs with lockdowns to prevent further item loss. 

They should give you a concrete answer if it's fixed or if you need to demo and replace the house or just find another spot.
    Urge said:
    Wait until shift change and page again.

In these words ask if a GM could check your house for possible bugs with lockdowns to prevent further item loss. 

They should give you a concrete answer if it's fixed or if you need to demo and replace the house or just find another spot.
    Thanks, yeah. I counted up my secured items, and it’s seems the number is mismatched with what I see in the house sign gump.
    I haven't heard of that bug since the hotfix of early 2000s. I guess everything really does go full circle.
    edited September 2022
    So I'm pretty stupid and figured it out:

I was fooling around my house and noticed that the chest had switched back: it now had all the bracelets I had stored but was missing the soulstone fragments.

After a minute, I realized that the chest was not the same chest but somehow in the exact same spot as the one with the soulstones. Using the house decorating tool to shift the chest up showed that, yup, one was just entirely covering the other!
    Ooh. Okay then. Glad you figured it out.

I know they can't hold our hands but that GM should have at least gave you a hint. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    See @McDougle. Operator error. It's rare for someone to admit it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    See @ McDougle. Operator error. It's rare for someone to admit it.
    This is indeed thankfully but do you deny the existence of the backpack bug?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    See @ McDougle. Operator error. It's rare for someone to admit it.
    This is indeed thankfully but do you deny the existence of the backpack bug?
    That does exist.
    a friend of mine used to tell me about this happening to her all of the time.
    She would transfer stuff for me and they would disappear.
    Now I write down the character i give the stuff to
    and sometimes that character doesn't have it.
    Then the next time she logs on that character she will see my box.
    (she uses CC)

And just this year I had trouble with a few of the items disappearing in my backpack.
    my rowboat, personal attendant, recipe book and masteries book all disappeared during Spring Fever events
    ( i can see them now... recipe book reappeared today)
    I use EC
    (masteries book disappearing has also been happening to another friend.
    the same friend that can get you guard whacked if you heal her lol)