25 Years...

124»

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Cheaters only bother me when i lose, 
    when i win, i just enjoy the increased difficulty level"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "I could make a dozen of these clips a day
    all you have to do is disarm someone and speedhack and hit with a special on the move, NO moving shot required.

step 1 install faster running client
    step 2, press primary or secondary weapon special ability.

I don't see any speeding here. I just see you taking a terrible route and getting intercepted.
    He catches you on server with a diagonal cut, your client is visually behind the server, chances are on his screen he was a few tiles in front of you because that's how desynchronization works.

It's nothing new, and how the game has worked since it's inception.

What ultimately sealed the deal was that you turned your character to the left while he didn't have to. The only client in existence atm where the client isn't slowed down via character model turns like that is the Enhanced Client, because the devs thought it'd cool to eliminate the game's basic rules of movement for their snowflake client.

To dumb it down for you, here is a picture:

Although I'm sure you'll make a bug post and misrepresent it as some sort of "movement exploit" which needs to be addressed immediately etc.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    When I play on multiple monitors and have 2 guys follow 1 guy.  All three monitors have the characters in different places if I am running.  They all seem to be lagging behind on the leaders monitor, but on their own monitor they are right behind him.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2022
    "anyone watching the video can see i did not get caught in that location where your points intersect, in fact the person on the faster client over extended and had greater distance to travel at time of impact, this is just one instance, i could upload a dozen a day.."

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "anyone watching the video can see i did not get caught in that location where your points intersect, in fact the person on the faster client over extended and had greater distance to travel at time of impact, this is just one instance, i will upload half a dozen later when i get a chance"

Anyone who can read can clearly see I didn't say that he caught you where the lines cross paths, I thought that was pretty apparent when I mentioned client desynch.

That's my fault though, I thought had dumbed it down enough for you, I was wrong. The lines represent the directions you were both taking and at what point his route would intercept yours, allowing him to catch up to you.

What you see is him catching up to you because, like I stated about diagonals (which is pretty common knowledge for anyone who's pvped any significant amount of time in this game), a player covers more ground running diagonals than someone running a straight line. Meaning you're both running to the same tiles but he has the advantage of diagonal paired with the advantage of not turning his character to change direction, which with any client except the EC invokes an additional step.

This entire video is an example of client desynch and poor positioning. Your entire post is an exemplification of not understanding that concept and defaulting to crying "cheater".

It doesn't matter what client somebody uses when it comes to desynch. There is something that exists called latency, the greater the latency, the greater the visual desynch, it's why good 1 tile dexers always strive to get in front of their enemy instead of chasing behind them.
    edited August 2022
    "Shrug i am not understanding, i must be very dumb.
    I have never in 25 years hit a target that is running away from me but get hit over a dozen times if i even try to run from others each day.. i must be very bad at running in a straight line.
    user error

The third party must be using the other client just for aesthetic reasons okay"
    You should probably try playing on a server with lower latency.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    edited August 2022
    Can you believe it, Ultima Online turns 25 years old this year and we are still playing and enjoying the hecking heck out of it. Its great to look back and be nostalgic but playing the game in the now is by far the best time I have had ever in UO. I have been meeting new people, forming some amazing friendships, and I have even been lucky enough to share my UO content with many others. 

Without the dev team, game masters, and event moderators that put time and effort into this game who knows if it would even still be around. I see a lot of bashing and bad mouthing all over the place, heck, I have done it many time myself on stream. It's not ok, not ok for me not ok for anyone else. We can be constructive in the way we share our thoughts and input with the team, I am sure they would be more inclined to listen as well...abuse has a way of shutting ones requests down fast.

I would like to invite anyone who wants to complain or be a turd burglar to come to me. I am willing to listen to you and do my best to take your complaints and put them into a format that will benefit us all. A quick Google of my username will put you in contact with me. Let me be the person who is the middle man if you are not able to say the things you want to say in a reasonable way. I have no problem hearing you out and making a post that will be well worded and constructive rather than seeing people dump on the team that has kept us in a game. It is my hopes that this will allow us a line of communication to the devs that will be taken without a brash undertone or rudeness and allow them to hopefully hear us out in a positive way. 

That's my PatrickTalk for the day, thanks for coming. 
    Got up around 0530, made coffee and bed, then sat down to read emails and check into Youtube for latest. On my feed was one of your videos. Always great to make connections with people holding similar passions. I actually enjoy watching your play and commentary. I will stay tuned when I can.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yoshi said:
    I have never in 25 years hit a target that is running away from me but get hit over a dozen times if i even try to run from others each day.. i must be very bad at running in a straight line.
    user error

He is correct, diagonal actually cover 2 steps in 1 (x and y). If ya running away  there should be no reason for anyone to catch u if u know how this works...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Seth said:
    Yoshi said:
    user error

He is correct, diagonal actually cover 2 steps in 1 (x and y). If ya running away  there should be no reason for anyone to catch u if u know how this works...
    Fascinating. I did not know about this at all. I never cease to be amazed at what can be learned here.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Y'all never watched or played football if you did not know about angles.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.