Zipactriotl Quest Chain

This, by far, has been the worst quest chain.

Im trying to find the entrance to kill Zip.  and I have no idea where to even find it or how to get there.  I completed the quest chain already.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2022
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/the-zealotry-of-zipactriotl/

The pyramid is where you can turn in eggs for parrots.  It has foil on it.

Basically go west from the Eodon gate to the pyramid, go up and click the green skull once you have the quest.  There is one large building you pass before it.

It is a group encounter, you need two players to click the switches.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    thank you! i was ready to cancel the quest 
    You can go in over and over until you collect the reward.  SO if you can't do it the first try, you can go back with others.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/quests/the-zealotry-of-zipactriotl/

The pyramid is where you can turn in eggs for parrots.  It has foil on it.

Basically go west from the Eodon gate to the pyramid, go up and click the green skull once you have the quest.  There is one large building you pass before it.

It is a group encounter, you need two players to click the switches.
    There is a legal way to use official game mechanism and spells to activate both switches. This was demo by Bear Corpse in his YouTube video, which I sent to a GM and he explained to me how it works:

Create a macro to use activate one switch, then cast telekinesis to activate the other switch. Need to time both to activate same time. 

For sampires, you will also need to be able to teleport to the top of the pedestal where the switch is located. You can get up to 70 magery with equipment or use a teleport scroll. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Why do you need to teleport?  You just stand next to the switch.  No Mobs come out until you have activated all the switches.  We usually have a player run Zippy to a corner while the rest kill the mobs.  Dont kill the blobs you just need to damage the coils until all are broken, the blobs just respawn if you kill them. So we kill the coils then kill the blobs after. Then all go to Zippy.

We used to have a player that had an account they used to res us above when needed.  They removed being able to use the silver sapling seeds.

I do not recommend doing Zippy alone tho.
    Pawain said:
    Why do you need to teleport?  You just stand next to the switch.  No Mobs come out until you have activated all the switches.  We usually have a player run Zippy to a corner while the rest kill the mobs.  Dont kill the blobs you just need to damage the coils until all are broken, the blobs just respawn if you kill them. So we kill the coils then kill the blobs after. Then all go to Zippy.

We used to have a player that had an account they used to res us above when needed.  They removed being able to use the silver sapling seeds.

Teleport for solo player. It's designed to be solo-able albeit it's long quest. Ofcourse, any one can always gather his army of friends and family.
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

Teleport for solo player. It's designed to be solo-able albeit it's long quest. Ofcourse, any one can always gather his army of friends and family.
    Ok, I misread and thought you said teleport. Telekinesis spell from a scroll.  To flip switches.

Was wondering why you wanted to hop on top of the controls.  :D
    Thanks for all the info.  I had to bail from Zippy the first time.  Gotta wait for more people I guess. There's really no good way it looks like to do this.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Oreogl said:
    Thanks for all the info.  I had to bail from Zippy the first time.  Gotta wait for more people I guess. There's really no good way it looks like to do this.
    Which shard are you on?  If you are on Pacific I am all ready keyed up and can join you.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2022
    Remember, Zipactriotl has a "Mana Burn" ability where if it hits you, it deals your current Mana in damage, at a 1-1 ratio (100 current Mana equals 100 damage taken). Why you want low max Mana (so that HML doesn't keep your Mana high) when fighting him as a Dexxer. Pets with a buttload of Mana, tend to get pwned by it.

Zipactriotl is also weakest to Poison Damage. I usually use a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Poison Drake with only 125-150 Max Mana against him. The Coils though are immune to Poison Damage, so you'll need another way to bring them down other than a 100% Poison pet.
     The Coils though are immune to Poison Damage, so you'll need another way to bring them down other than a 100% Poison pet.
    My Naj kills them just as fast as other pets.
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

Ok, I misread and thought you said teleport. Telekinesis spell from a scroll.  To flip switches.

Was wondering why you wanted to hop on top of the controls.  :D
    To activate and cast spell need to be standing on top of the pedestal. Not sure if it can be done standing on the floor though
    TimSt said:
    Oreogl said:
    Which shard are you on?  If you are on Pacific I am all ready keyed up and can join you.
    Dang man, sorry.  I'm on Great Lakes otherwise I'd completely take you up on this.