look at my backpack

know what it's full of?

my spellbooks see that other thing in there that's a spellbook strap where they should be 

@Mesanna if we can't get this fixed can we get a vet rewards exchange guy ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    McDougle said:
    know what it's full of?

my spellbooks see that other thing in there that's a spellbook strap where they should be 

@ Mesanna if we can't get this fixed can we get a vet rewards exchange guy ?
    YES!
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    My suggestion is use EC, and arrange your spellbooks near the bottom of your nice grid oriented backpack.  They stay in those slots, so long as you don't unequip/move other items into those spots.  That saves one inventory slot (no strap).

Sell the spellbook straps (probably to a CC user), and buy some other reward with the gold.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    My suggestion is use EC, and arrange your spellbooks near the bottom of your nice grid oriented backpack.  They stay in those slots, so long as you don't unequip/move other items into those spots.  That saves one inventory slot (no strap).

Sell the spellbook straps (probably to a CC user), and buy some other reward with the gold.
    And this fixes a broken item how ? Continuing to accept subpar vet rewards only leads to more...
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2022
    Have to be pragmatic... how long have you been waiting for it to be fixed?  There's a work-around for this one, unlike with other issues.  You've asked for a "vet reward exchange guy", so you seem to be OK just taking some other item instead...

One way to think of this -- it's just not a great reward pick compared to others (even if it worked 100% of the time).  It's like choosing a soul stone for a reward pick -- why do that when they are readily available in the store or vendor search?
    Have to be pragmatic... how long have you been waiting for it to be fixed?  There's a work-around for this one, unlike with other issues.  You've asked for a "vet reward exchange guy", so you seem to be OK just taking some other item instead...

One way to think of this -- it's just not a great reward pick compared to others (even if it worked 100% of the time).  It's like choosing a soul stone for a reward pick -- why do that when they are readily available in the store or vendor search?
    Is it wrong to want acknowledgement and accountability?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    The next bug: recall doesn't work!

Workaround: just run there, on foot.

:D 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    The next bug: recall doesn't work!

Workaround: just run there, on foot.

:D 
    That is why we have NLS.

Less function, less bug.
    This should have been easy 
    Acknowledgement: it's come to our attention the vet reward spellbook strap is not working correctly 
    Accountability: this reward will not be offered until we can resolve the issue. Any player who selected this item can visit stand up Sally at brit commons for an exchange...

Now is this too difficult,?
    McDougle said:
    Acknowledgement: it's come to our attention the vet reward spellbook strap is not working correctly 
    Accountability: this reward will not be offered until we can resolve the issue. Any player who selected this item can visit stand up Sally at brit commons for an exchange...

It probably is too difficult

Vet reward bug > the spellbook strap
    UO store item has bug > the pet

I really think its time to wind down and play NLS only because its simple with no vet reward to complaint about, no uo store pet to lose, hopefully no more ghost bug. 

If they can simply reboot the 1997 original code maybe there is zero bug. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

I really think its time to wind down and play NLS only because its simple with no vet reward to complaint about, no uo store pet to lose, hopefully no more ghost bug. 

REBOOT YES  There were bugs but guess what there was a larger dev team that played on the reg shards along with the players and experienced the bugs first hand and fixed ten ASAP
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

REBOOT YES  There were bugs but guess what there was a larger dev team that played on the reg shards along with the players and experienced the bugs first hand and fixed ten ASAP
    The first year for NLS will be same like 1997. If the bugs cannot be resolved now, the smaller team cannot handle both NLS and reg shard later.

@McDougle i think we can expect alot of bugs on regular shard to remain for a long time.  
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

The first year for NLS will be same like 1997. If the bugs cannot be resolved now, the smaller team cannot handle both NLS and reg shard later.

@ McDougle i think we can expect alot of bugs on regular shard to remain for a long time.  
    The BUGS will be there for a long time on NLS as we have what 2 Devs able to do anything so it will take them forever to do anything and all of UO will fail because of it.
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

@ McDougle i think we can expect alot of bugs on regular shard to remain for a long time.  
    The BUGS will be there for a long time on NLS as we have what 2 Devs able to do anything so it will take them forever to do anything and all of UO will fail because of it.
    There are 2 coders left? I wonder if we can apply for part time job and help repair the spaghetti code... then I will repair and remove shard bound from the code...  :D
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

There are 2 coders left? I wonder if we can apply for part time job and help repair the spaghetti code... then I will repair and remove shard bound from the code...  :D
    There’s been an advertisement on the startup screen for a programmer for a long time. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Is there any more relevant information on the original topic?
    Rorschach said:
    Not unless @Mesanna chimes in! Might as well lock it up @Rorschach
  • Rorschach said:

It is amazing, your response!
    The fact that even the Devs are no longer posting on their Own forum is also amazing.
    Every single topic that we mentioned about something not working as it should and asking for their SIMPLE acknowledgement and accountability, The MODs close the topic right away.
    We can look for the past 20 posts on the forum , was someone asking for some sort of response from the devs and NOTHING, complete silence from their part.   
    I mean come on. we DO understand that is only 3 people working for the company, but ANY company that cares about their customers , would take at least 1 minute to say something about. 

I mean, we can start a new post about what GM RIVER said about what is really going on with the game
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Rorschach said:
    Probably not. I’m considering several different Smart-Alecky memes at the moment. and considering the OP said to lock it . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited May 2022
    Rorschach said:

It is amazing, your response!
    The fact that even the Devs are no longer posting on their Own forum is also amazing.
    Every single topic that we mentioned about something not working as it should and asking for their SIMPLE acknowledgement and accountability, The MODs close the topic right away.
    We can look for the past 20 posts on the forum , was someone asking for some sort of response from the devs and NOTHING, complete silence from their part.   
    I mean come on. we DO understand that is only 3 people working for the company, but ANY company that cares about their customers , would take at least 1 minute to say something about. 

I mean, we can start a new post about what GM RIVER said about what is really going on with the game
    you want the truth? 
    you can’t handle the truth  :D

all these feedback are directly related to the topic, to discuss the reasons why the Dev won’t fix a bug for a recently added new item. 

Tell me which part isn’t relevant. Lock this and another will be created again. What is being achieved? Nothing?

Problem still exist and do you want players to leave the game forever, or some place for us to vent our frustration, joke abit and then go back to play the game. Don’t delete jokes, they are good. 
    Rorschach said:
    Oh, indeed a constructtive response, we surely all feel flattered. Great insight btw.
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    Rorschach said:
    Oh, indeed a constructive and insightful response, we surely all feel flattered.  Yes, the straps are still broken, most of the books do not go back in, if that's relevant.

edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    Archangel said:
    Rorschach said:
    Oh, indeed a constructive and insightful response, we surely all feel flattered.  Yes, the straps are still broken, most of the books do not go back in, if that's relevant.

Yup, like we said, each problem just need 1 effective post from Dev.

Everyday we login we still continue to play and pay sub. Why can't we continue to pester the Dev to do something about a problem that is not resolved? 

What new post do you need us to discuss that is constructive. Eventually, it boils down to lack of coders.

Perhaps Dev may provide an FAQ Answer for popular questions like when are they fixing the strap.

You are tired of reading.
    We are tired of posting.

And someone still ignores ALL of us.

Luckily we are not tired of playing, yet.
    I feel the developers have a we don't owe you a response mentality that in any other business would be completely unacceptable...
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited May 2022
    My first aid belts (the original ones) still do not work correctly even after the "fix"...
    My first aid belts (the original ones) still do not work correctly even after the "fix"...
    As long as we accept broken things that's what we will get and it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease @Mesanna
    edited May 2022
    I guess we can continue to bump up this thread until someone in the dev team resolves or answers the issue. Until then, we are the "losers" who picked up a systematically, faulty virtual vet reward with zero warranty. 

It took us years of time and cash to earn the right to claim each valuable reward. 

I am sure most would understand the frustration when you picked up a faulty phone, car, bike, TV, etc. These tangible products have at least 12 months warranty. 
    I've said over and over acknowledgement and accountability. admit they are broken and offer to exchange @Mesanna