Treasures of the Fey Feedback

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    For what it’s worth … I personally believe that if a dynamic event like this is in a Tram dungeon, it should also be in a Fel dungeon.

Is there a risk? Yup, cause it’s Fel. But plenty of “Trammies” would rather choose that risk than spend hours upon hours grinding in an elbows-to-a**es packed dungeon for two drops.
    Not for this Trammy, I would rather chase monsters in Tram then wasting time getting chased by pkers in Fel  :D
    Curse the drops...there is risk otherwise you just have a champ spawn worth of monsters to kill..not available to tram 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • If I missed a comment about this either here or in a previous Hythloth discussion I apologize in advance.

At server up the 'normal' spawn (that which would appear in the dungeon even if Fey were not occurring) are not labeled as Treasure of the Fey Wrath while any of the actual fey mobs have the label.  When a mob spawns as a replacement to the initial wave the Fey Wrath label now appears.  I had noticed this back in Hythloth but since the first level for that dungeon is mostly gargs, imps, and hell hounds there, the monster turnover was fairly quick.  With Destard having the Dragons and GDs included in the initial spawn, it takes a lot longer to clear out said spawn (and by that point the paras are beginning to pop in).  Since I assume the evil RNG is also involved it may not be 'real' but in general the first hour of play after the server up has been giving about half the drops that I see at other times throughout the day.  Obviously the lower the population of a given shard the longer it would take to clear the initial spawn and have the full drop rate commence.  

These observations are from Catskills.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I'm using the same character in Destard as I have at the previous events, my drop rate has been about the same too, it's not uber, but with the amount of time the event is on I don't expect to have too much difficulty getting the items I want. On the other hand, Europa has less of a problem with scripters than Atlantic, and though the same area gets crowded in the evening, it's usually by people I know and am working with. I tend to target paragons then, mostly because they're the only things staying alive long enough for me to get a hit in, but also because with others around, I'm less likely to die when I do.

I did have a 'pipe dream' to share that might amuse. All discovered 'afk scripters' to be telestormed to the exact location in Felucca and any 'of fey wrath' items with them automatically become cursed. :D
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    “I have an idea why event is in tram not fel and 100% of artifacts are insurable.

It could be a political decision, to remove all competitiveness. Perhaps next they will remove gender in game”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited May 2022
    I did have a 'pipe dream' to share that might amuse. All discovered 'afk scripters' to be telestormed to the exact location in Felucca and any 'of fey wrath' items with them automatically become cursed. :D
    I had a similar yet not nearly as diabolical idea for the afk scripters. 

If you start casting wall of stone in front of these toons they will stand there until the wall falls, leaving the mobs behind it untouched. That's how someone can easily identify an afk scripter.

Once identified, a GM could just port these toons outside the dungeon. Most likely they would just remain there until the person came back but in the event that they were actually there the person could just run back to "the pile" inside the dungeon in about 20 seconds; really no harm no foul for those people at their keyboards (but still scripting). Especially when the treasure events are 100% meant to run around the entire dungeon; not sit in one single place for 10 hours.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2022
    Hi @Kyronix

• The reward selection is great.
    • I think you forgot to put the event in Felucca, this is bit of a glaring omission?

That is the main summary, thank you. :)

Please let me know when Felucca will be online. ;)

{I'm only just back, had a small break, seems I missed some good stuff}.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    keven2002 said:
    I had a similar yet not nearly as diabolical idea for the afk scripters. 

If you start casting wall of stone in front of these toons they will stand there until the wall falls, leaving the mobs behind it untouched. That's how someone can easily identify an afk scripter.

Once identified, a GM could just port these toons outside the dungeon. Most likely they would just remain there until the person came back but in the event that they were actually there the person could just run back to "the pile" inside the dungeon in about 20 seconds; really no harm no foul for those people at their keyboards (but still scripting). Especially when the treasure events are 100% meant to run around the entire dungeon; not sit in one single place for 10 hours.
    A couple thoughts on your wall of stone example:

1.  The fact that they don’t move doesn’t mean they are afk, just means they might not want to move.  It’s perfectly possible that someone wants to just stand still and mash their attack nearest macro without the need to run around… particularly if they are multi clienting which is perfectly legal.

2. You deliberately using wall of stone to interfere with other players ability to target mobs could easily be interpreted as griefing, which could very well make you reportable in the Tram rule set.

I’m certainly not suggesting that some of them aren’t actually afk bots, but your suggestion of GM action based on what you deem as evidence seems a little lacking to me.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Truthful feedback? I don't find this one nearly as fun as hythloth. I'll sit this one out and buy the rewards i want. 

No mana leech on any of the mobs and competing with lag and insta attack ranged characters in a static location just isn't appealing to me. 

The mobs seem to be too soft compared to the number of people participating and having limited spawn locations is a nightmare. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    I'm using the same character in Destard as I have at the previous events, my drop rate has been about the same too, it's not uber, but with the amount of time the event is on I don't expect to have too much difficulty getting the items I want. On the other hand, Europa has less of a problem with scripters than Atlantic, and though the same area gets crowded in the evening, it's usually by people I know and am working with. I tend to target paragons then, mostly because they're the only things staying alive long enough for me to get a hit in, but also because with others around, I'm less likely to die when I do.

Truly Fel, means once anyone step into Felucca land, there is no such thing as blessed, or insured. Everything is automatically "cursed" by default and loot-able. This should include everything worn including legendary armor, jewels and all gears worth Platinums. 

Like the good old days in 1990s.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited May 2022
    Urge said:
    Truthful feedback? I don't find this one nearly as fun as hythloth. I'll sit this one out and buy the rewards i want. 

No mana leech on any of the mobs and competing with lag and insta attack ranged characters in a static location just isn't appealing to me. 

The mobs seem to be too soft compared to the number of people participating and having limited spawn locations is a nightmare. 
    What makes you say 'no mana leech'?  As far as I'm aware the only restriction is no LIFE leech on paragons.  I'm using whirlwind, which not only leeches mana, but also life from the mobs surrounding the paragon I'm hitting.
    The only time I'm short of mana is when they've cast mana drain or vampire on me.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited May 2022
    Urge said:

What makes you say 'no mana leech'?  As far as I'm aware the only restriction is no LIFE leech on paragons.  I'm using whirlwind, which not only leeches mana, but also life from the mobs surrounding the paragon I'm hitting.
    The only time I'm short of mana is when they've cast mana drain or vampire on me.

I'm aware of what whirwind can do. I'm wraith form casting and not getting any mana back from the mobs rendering my template useless in no time.

Edit: Further testing results original destard mobs do give mana back. Fey creatures do not. 

Maybe the ones that do offer mana back are the ones automatically targeted and dead before i can cast thru the lag lol?
    edited May 2022
    Merus said:

1.  The fact that they don’t move doesn’t mean they are afk, just means they might not want to move.  It’s perfectly possible that someone wants to just stand still and mash their attack nearest macro without the need to run around… particularly if they are multi clienting which is perfectly legal.

2. You deliberately using wall of stone to interfere with other players ability to target mobs could easily be interpreted as griefing, which could very well make you reportable in the Tram rule set.

I’m certainly not suggesting that some of them aren’t actually afk bots, but your suggestion of GM action based on what you deem as evidence seems a little lacking to me.
    I agree with you that just because they don't move doesn't mean they are bots. This is why I suggested porting suspected bots/afk people to the dungeon entrance. If they are truly at their computer they will immediately run back to the pile - really no harm no foul. 

That said we know when multi-clienting you shouldn't really be able to run active macros (ie targeting mobs to kill) on each client. As you suggest someone can stand still and mash their macros but let's be honest the people running more than 1 client aren't toggling back and forth to mash their macro because the mob is dead before they can even toggle to their other client.  

Also on you second point, you are also right. It could be considered griefing which is why I'm not really doing it outside of my test, but I did cast it for a few minutes non stop in front of the pile and guess what zero people said anything and the mobs just sat behind the wall. Here is another perfect example of what I'm talking about.

I'm the lone wraith by that shadow wyrm corpse. That's out of sight for that pile of throwers/archers and guess what? Nobody moved for 20 seconds straight. They did however kill a couple other things that was in sight. I actually had time to walk over to the edge and kill the wyrm all by myself without anyone moving. Again is this undeniable proof every single person there is AFK? No not at all but you can't tell me that at least half of those 10 people aren't AFK and a simple port out of the dungeon would prove it. Another thing they could do is just drop like 6 paragons on the pile every so often to completely level it and make everyone go rez and come back. I thought that might be a little over the top though for those actually playing.

Ultimately we don't need a GM on every second of the day monitoring everyone; all we need is for a GM to take some action to show that they are actually there monitoring various things. Once people know they are and their multibox accounts will be actioned; I bet they will rethink just sitting there in the open being so obvious with it.

Option #2 would be just open up Fel and let the people take care of the bots ourselves :D 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Or for you to stay in fel this old age horse of an argument beaten to death and solved nothing

I've already had chars landlocked to Fel.  It's called being Red.  Gladly accepted the gameplay restrictions it imposed on me, because I still had a tamer to handle the pve side of things if I wanted (or when I did an Oaks spawn.)  I never ONCE complained about not being able to go Trammel ruleset areas on that char, and I wouldn't now either.

You can go to Fel.  You can get your own Powerscrolls.  Yet you don't.  Why is that?  Because you want to have your cake and eat it too?  Even if they get added to the Tram champ spawns/removed from Fel spawns, I can tell you right now that you're not going to farm them.  You know why?  Because it just isn't feasible & has no long-term viability/sustainability.  Tram champ spawns are on a set respawn timer, but more importantly, you fail to realize something extremely important here: the # of people will make it impossible to get scrolls out of them.
    keven2002 said:
    Merus said:

I agree with you that just because they don't move doesn't mean they are bots. This is why I suggested porting suspected bots/afk people to the dungeon entrance. If they are truly at their computer they will immediately run back to the pile - really no harm no foul. 

That said we know when multi-clienting you shouldn't really be able to run active macros (ie targeting mobs to kill) on each client. As you suggest someone can stand still and mash their macros but let's be honest the people running more than 1 client aren't toggling back and forth to mash their macro because the mob is dead before they can even toggle to their other client.  

Also on you second point, you are also right. It could be considered griefing which is why I'm not really doing it outside of my test, but I did cast it for a few minutes non stop in front of the pile and guess what zero people said anything and the mobs just sat behind the wall. Here is another perfect example of what I'm talking about.

I'm the lone wraith by that shadow wyrm corpse. That's out of sight for that pile of throwers/archers and guess what? Nobody moved for 20 seconds straight. They did however kill a couple other things that was in sight. I actually had time to walk over to the edge and kill the wyrm all by myself without anyone moving. Again is this undeniable proof every single person there is AFK? No not at all but you can't tell me that at least half of those 10 people aren't AFK and a simple port out of the dungeon would prove it. Another thing they could do is just drop like 6 paragons on the pile every so often to completely level it and make everyone go rez and come back. I thought that might be a little over the top though for those actually playing.

Ultimately we don't need a GM on every second of the day monitoring everyone; all we need is for a GM to take some action to show that they are actually there monitoring various things. Once people know they are and their multibox accounts will be actioned; I bet they will rethink just sitting there in the open being so obvious with it.

Option #2 would be just open up Fel and let the people take care of the bots ourselves :D 
    I spent about an hour last night on one of the range piles with 2 accounts, wraith archer and wraith thrower.  I would absolutely be miffed if I was all of a sudden telestormed to some alternative location while I’m trying to play.

I made a post on the other forums making note of my observation… with 8+ characters on the pile they are combined killing pretty much everything that isn’t a paragon almost instantly… BUT it’s only 1 or 2 characters that are actually hitting each mob because they die so quickly, regardless of a bot or not.  Between my two accounts (on 2 monitors) I can swap screens back and forth in less than a second hitting the macro on each.  My experience was that if I didn’t wait for a mob to spawn, just went back and forth, I was able to get attacks in on both characters some of the time, often on different mobs.  I definitely didn’t get an attack on every mob, but neither were any of the other players (bot or not) while I was there.  In the hour or so I managed around 45 drops without a potion, which was far more effective than running around on my sampire, but far less than I got the second day on the pile before the change. 
    Interesting @Merus. I appreciate that insight. Hats off to you for whatever macro you've created (I'm assuming you play EC to have it setup ?). I'm guessing when you hit your macro it's essentially "queued up" to attack the next which allows you to toggle?

While you might toggle back and forth between 2 screens every second, let's not pretend that everyone is doing what you are because it's obvious that's not the case. In my scenario of you being sent to the entrance, it would be a shock to you (assuming you do not move at all and were suspected of AFK) but since you were there you would easily be back in the pile in 20seconds and the GM would realize you're fine. I'm guessing 50-60% of the people ported would not be there to move back to the pile. 

Also, this is not a knock on your playstyle, but I feel like what you are doing isn't really "playing the game" and for me that would bore me to tears. Basically just toggling between 2 screens pressing a button. So basically for this event (the dungeon fighting part) the winning recipe is to be in EC and use a play style of a human robot literally toggling mindlessly back and forth between screens and that will net the same as (if not more) drops as someone who is running around actively playing/killing. 

Does that seem kind of wrong to anyone else? Seems to me like that only encourages scripting.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    “This next treasures of event, let’s give massive rewards to people standing around, at their keyboard or not.”
    keven2002 said:
    Interesting @ Merus. I appreciate that insight. Hats off to you for whatever macro you've created (I'm assuming you play EC to have it setup ?). I'm guessing when you hit your macro it's essentially "queued up" to attack the next which allows you to toggle?

While you might toggle back and forth between 2 screens every second, let's not pretend that everyone is doing what you are because it's obvious that's not the case. In my scenario of you being sent to the entrance, it would be a shock to you (assuming you do not move at all and were suspected of AFK) but since you were there you would easily be back in the pile in 20seconds and the GM would realize you're fine. I'm guessing 50-60% of the people ported would not be there to move back to the pile. 

Also, this is not a knock on your playstyle, but I feel like what you are doing isn't really "playing the game" and for me that would bore me to tears. Basically just toggling between 2 screens pressing a button. So basically for this event (the dungeon fighting part) the winning recipe is to be in EC and use a play style of a human robot literally toggling mindlessly back and forth between screens and that will net the same as (if not more) drops as someone who is running around actively playing/killing. 

Does that seem kind of wrong to anyone else? Seems to me like that only encourages scripting.
    I definitely had more fun at the beginning of the event, the spawn at the pile was so fast (and my shard population small enough) that with 8 or so people everyone was getting hits in every few seconds.

With just my accounts there is no way I could sustain the pile myself which is why most of the time right now I’m just turning in eggs.  Without enough people working together to handle the paragons, eggs are more efficient for drops in my experience.
    Ahh that makes more sense now; you aren't on ATL  :#

Come to ATL and see if your results are the same. They might be but I don't think you would be anywhere near the same drop rate. It's impossible to count how many people are in the hallway right now in Destard bc of all the corpses and others piled up in 1 spot but I'd say easily 75 -100 toons. Trying to get a hit on something 50 people are targeting happens a lot less.
  • usernameusername Posts: 688
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Zero drops over the past ~45+ minutes on Atlantic with 1400+ luck. This has got to change. This is NOT fun at all. For the love of god, revert the changes back to day one where people actually had a chance to compete with the scripters.
    This + remove EJ participation would make this 100% more bearable.
    And how do you tell which accounts are EJ.  Some people have 10 plus accounts.

Please explain how you know.
    Did I ever say I knew which accounts are EJ? HUH????
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2022
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Zero drops over the past ~45+ minutes on Atlantic with 1400+ luck. This has got to change. This is NOT fun at all. For the love of god, revert the changes back to day one where people actually had a chance to compete with the scripters.

Of course you do not know.

You just said this BS:

You and the other EJ haters blame  them for everything even tho you have no proof.

Maybe yall should remove fiction from your posts. Would make the forums 100% more bearable.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:

You just said this BS:

You and the other EJ haters blame  them for everything even tho you have no proof.

Maybe yall should remove fiction from your posts. Would make the forums 100% more bearable.
    And what proof do you have that there are no Multibox accounts using EJ Accounts or what about all those AFK autobots.  How do you explain all the insta kills or do you seriously think it is blind luck that all those different players are hitting the exact same target every time.  Just a little common sense tells you there is massive cheating.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:

You just said this BS:

An earlier post, I suggested that EJ players have an [EJ] Tag added overhead.  Then the players can assess this for themselves.

From an economics perspective, if the supply of drops is largely being sucked away by EJ accounts, that is a penalty to paying customers.  Many systems have the notion of "quality of service" to try to address issues like this.  Personally, I do NOT think EJ should be getting drops at these events.

The only actual evidence we have that EJ is a possible contributor to the lag/problems is that reportedly, EJ drops were turned off for a day.  Again, likely a quick mitigation (not fix) attempt at the early problems.
    edited May 2022
    @Lord_Frodo
    I did not say anything about multi boxing. But I'm sure I've seen you post that 90% of EJ accounts are cheaters. Sure did not take you long to respond to the EJ signal.

I do not play on Atlantic.  So I do not know the players there. I know we had a gargoyle doing that with 3 accounts. 2 following one. He talked in chat while doing it. Sometimes his chat would be zxzxzxzxzxzx.

I'm sure they have been paged on there on Atlantic and the responders could not verify they are bots.

But you sitting at home on a forum can tell who is an unattended  bot and who is an EJ account. And demand punishment.

From what I have seen here in threads about the EC. Players can do most anything just using it and pushing one button.

There are threads asking how to hit things as soon as they appear like the players on Atlantic.  The answer begins with here is what you push in EC. Or here is how you mod it to get more drops.
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    Pawain said:
    From what I have seen here in threads about the EC. Players can do most anything just using it and pushing one button.

As a player who uses EC almost exclusively, I can agree that the built-in macros for the EC client can make almost anything possible.

For instance, finally being shown how to remove spell casting animation from my game play not only removed the Earthquake screen shaking but also summoned Reapers. It seems the only spell casting animation that remains on the screen is EVs. (I don't even see flamestrikes, energy bolts, or fireballs any longer - which I don't particularly like.) This actually did cut down on lag tremendously when everyone was piled up in one place that first day or two.

I can also create a new tab in my journal and set it to show only system messages and chat channels I want. I use this feature for EM Events and I used it that first day or two in Destard. For me, it shows only system messages, Gen Chat, and Guild chat. Doing that, it removes all journal recordings of what people say around me (including spell casting).

I can turn off overhead spell casting, so I don't see dozens of people casting their spells.

All of that said, however, EC macros and features aren't supposed to be used as some kind of "legal" scripting or bot. I recognize some people use it as such, and quite frankly they should be treated the same way as anyone using a third party program to AFK script anything - be it crafting, resource gathering, or event farming.

But all of these arguments don't do anything to change the current situation, or to change how the Development Team responds or reacts to our concerns. The petty back-and-forth, bickering, and nitpicking just means that the Devs are more likely to ignore us all.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    We are supposed to police ourselves.  See something, say something, Let the authorities figure it out. Go about playing the way that is fun for you.

From an economics perspective, if the supply of drops is largely being sucked away by EJ accounts, that is a penalty to paying customers.  Many systems have the notion of "quality of service" to try to address issues like this.  Personally, I do NOT think EJ should be getting drops at these events.

This is a really good point. 
  • usernameusername Posts: 688
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:

You just said this BS:

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth and starting arguments that don't exist? I simply stated EJ participation shouldn't be a thing: you want to participate in a live event you should pay. Give them some incentive to become a full time member. You're trying to infer so many things that I don't even mean or necessarily agree with. Stop being an abrasive rtard.

to the mods: if this post is removed for any reason I would like all the libelous material that led up to this post removed as well. He is implying so many things that I did not say.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    dvvid said:

Yup good point, same for the EJ tag suggestion. 

EJ should pay to try seasonal events.
    Seth said:
    dvvid said:

Yup good point, same for the EJ tag suggestion. 

EJ should pay to try seasonal events.
    Yes !
    Pawain said:

As a player who uses EC almost exclusively, I can agree that the built-in macros for the EC client can make almost anything possible.

For instance, finally being shown how to remove spell casting animation from my game play not only removed the Earthquake screen shaking but also summoned Reapers. It seems the only spell casting animation that remains on the screen is EVs. (I don't even see flamestrikes, energy bolts, or fireballs any longer - which I don't particularly like.) This actually did cut down on lag tremendously when everyone was piled up in one place that first day or two.

I can also create a new tab in my journal and set it to show only system messages and chat channels I want. I use this feature for EM Events and I used it that first day or two in Destard. For me, it shows only system messages, Gen Chat, and Guild chat. Doing that, it removes all journal recordings of what people say around me (including spell casting).

I can turn off overhead spell casting, so I don't see dozens of people casting their spells.

All of that said, however, EC macros and features aren't supposed to be used as some kind of "legal" scripting or bot. I recognize some people use it as such, and quite frankly they should be treated the same way as anyone using a third party program to AFK script anything - be it crafting, resource gathering, or event farming.

But all of these arguments don't do anything to change the current situation, or to change how the Development Team responds or reacts to our concerns. The petty back-and-forth, bickering, and nitpicking just means that the Devs are more likely to ignore us all.
    Can you share EC mod on how to remove that earthquake shaking graphics?  Thanks!